By Anonymous - 17/05/2009 11:32 - United Kingdom

Today, I had organised to go for an all day fishing trip, but had forgotten to book a day off. I called my boss and told him that I had to stay with my mum in hospital after a car crash that she had last night. He called me a liar and fired me. Turns out my mum is having an affair with my boss. FML
I agree, your life sucks 67 959
You deserved it 21 479

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well, at least you can go on the fishing trip now.

0hh_snap 0

Ha, I would demand my job back or I'd screw up the affair.

Comments

heyitsmandy 0

First, YDI for lying to your boss. Second, you shouldn't talk like that! It can really happen, be careful of what you say. I know from experience. Oh & FYL for your mom having a affair with your boss. :/ Sucks.

amazinggbaby 2

saying something isn't gonna make it happen.

I'm going to be a multi-billionaire before I'm 21; this better work ...

haha at least your mom's getting some! xD

gvschmidt94 0

woah calm down people. Especially you #2. He lied, big ******* deal. Sure, the lie was a little more intense that it needed to be, and indeed, FYL. But shouldn't you keep your job since your mom's nailing him? Ask her for a favor :3

1. YDI for such a dramatic lie. The more exaggerated the lie, the easier it becomes to see through it - ESPECIALLY when the lie contains the alleged misfortune of someone else (saying your mother was in an accident was dumb - you can't base a lie on someone else's life). A simple "I have a cold/stomach virus/sprained ankle" would have done the job. 2. If this is your only stuff up and you were otherwise a model employee, and your pleas to have your job returned have been ignored (post much apologising on your part - you did the wrong thing, after all) then by all means, expose said affair. But only if it is an affair of the "someone is cheating on someone else" type. If it's just an 'affair' of the "two people secretly dating" type, then it's boring and you should leave them alone and start looking for a new job.

AntiChrist7 0

hey if your boss is really pleased about the sex, you get your job back in no time.

I think an affair is a much bigger deal then lying, so it's pretty much unfair, even tho you deserved to be fired. Your life has ttaken a turn for the worse, but come on, you know how to drive, take it to the good road again.

If your boss was ******* your mom, wouldn't he want to give you some slack and be nice to you? If for no other reason but not to piss you off so you wouldn't go around telling people. I'm not sure if I believe this one.

garbage_in_out 0

hey u pretended ur mom is in hospital after a car crash?! wow all that to get a day off work..i'll rather say F*** your mother's life to have a son who'll say such a lie to go fishing.

ohhhhshizzz 0

Hey do what #10 said, but if it isn't the getting it on behind their husband/wive's back then don't even worry about it. But dude, all you have to say is: *stuffed up nose* "Hey Mr. ___ I can't come in today, yeah I got a cold." Bam, simplest lie in the book. But since I'm nice, I agree YLIF.

you got fired when your mom is ******* the boss? you need to get on better terms with your mother