By NoSleep - 26/09/2009 14:30 - United States

Today, I had my first day off in weeks. I was excited about getting to sleep in, until my boss called me at 6:30 in the morning to remind me I didn't have to come into work. Thanks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 845
You deserved it 3 261

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tomakobriefs 11

My employees will call me at 3am on my day off to ask stupid questions, if it makes you feel better.

Not really that bad of a FML. Just go back to sleep.

Comments

valeria_07 0

YDI for letting him/her ruin your day.

tangello 0

i never got why this was such a big problem. or why it's even an FML. just go back to sleep!

JARED725 2

OH SHIT, ONCE YOU WAKE UP YOU'RE ******. THERE'S NO TURNING BACK NOW!

you got a job and even a day off... during a recession.. yeah.. ylif.. NOT!

it's called turn off your phone and I would have yelled at him

blue_eyed 0

Thats retarded of you hes just trying to be a good boss wat if u forgot nd was rushing to get outta the door nd caught that call?? Damn id be happy

FYL. Both my mother and I have trouble sleeping sometimes, and anything that wakes us up can end up keeping us awake for hours. I'm always pissed off when the phone rings, or there's work going on outside, neighbors are noisy, and that doesn't help me get to sleep either. A lot of the commenters here are such whiny bitches. If none of the FML's are really FML's and if the site really sucks that much than don't come on here anymore. Half of you only comment to say "that's not an FML," and that's all you ever say. You are now officially trolls. And for those of you saying to turn your home phone off that's a bad idea. Turn your cell phones off, but you should always have your regular phone on in case of emergencies.

October_Midnight 0

Sorry, but I have to back up the minority of the responses with: Just wait a moment. He may view you as a very good employee, and wants you to remember that you have that day off. He might have been worried you had forgotten since, as you said, you haven't gotten a day off in a long time. He's trying to be nice, but did it at an inopportune moment. You still had the day off, anyway.