By NoSleep - 26/09/2009 14:30 - United States

Today, I had my first day off in weeks. I was excited about getting to sleep in, until my boss called me at 6:30 in the morning to remind me I didn't have to come into work. Thanks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 845
You deserved it 3 261

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tomakobriefs 11

My employees will call me at 3am on my day off to ask stupid questions, if it makes you feel better.

Not really that bad of a FML. Just go back to sleep.

Comments

flyboy57 0

when I was a teen, my dad would come into my room, turn on my lights and announce that it was Saturday when I was still asleep. it woke me up, but I just rolled over and dozed off some more.

My dad would just turn the tv on in my room and put it to a reasonable volume to wake me up. Although this was usually on weekdays. OP fyl I wouldn't be surprised if the call on purpose because they were jealous that you weren't coming into work. Some of my friends do that if I'm skipping school to sleep in.

habesjn 0

So you lost 10 minutes before going back to sleep? Dude, if you think you have problems you need a reality check. Read some of the other stuff on here then try complaining about waking up at 6:30 then going right back to sleep... Stupidest FML I've ever read.

broken_princess 0

try reading the other comments before you post your own. you do realize some people can't go back to sleep after waking up, right? honestly, i hate people like you who don't know how to use their heads.

habesjn 0

Then that's a whole new problem. Maybe they should post an FML like "For some reason if I wake up for 10 minutes, no matter how sleepy I am, I can't go back to sleep." That's your problem. Not your boss calling you. The boss did that so the guy wouldn't wake up, get ready, drive out there, and then realize he didn't have to come to work. That was a considerate thing to do. When you go to work every single day of every single week for months, it becomes a habit. the boss was looking out for him. and I hate people like you who try to defend stupid ass FMLs with retarded reasoning like "oh, he can't go back to sleep". take some nyquil and go back to sleep. Not that hard. Jesus christ you're stupid.

Nyquill is not designed to just be a sleep aid. And for insomniacs being woken up is extremely bad cause they already have a hard time sleeping. This is a FML cause OP deserved their one day off to sleep in. No where I know of has bosses calling people on their day off to remind them they have the day off.

This sounds oddly familiar to another FML

oh come on everyone, fml isn't a contest to see whose life sucks the most. it's just for shitty everyday moments, and this is a perfect one. it doesn't have to be tragic, in fact i think it's better if it's not- the point of this site is entertainment after all, and it's hard to laugh at "today my whole family died. fml". this is a classic fml- aggravating, slightly ironic, but not the end of the world.

You can't just go back to sleep? Big deal

OH GOD YOU HAVE SUCH A HARD LIFE. go back to ******* sleep. problem solved! i swear, the things people complain of these days.

You realize you are reading a site called "**** my life" right?

@twignig, when was the last time you worked for weeks on end w/o a day off? some people cannot go back to sleep once waken up. so stfu, this isnt a FML competition, btw, OP, FYL :)

how the hell did this make it past moderation