By TrailerTrash - 20/03/2009 23:34 - United States

Today, I had artfully managed to avoid anyone knowing that I was moving into a trailer park. I showed up at the trailer where all my friends, co-workers, and exes were waiting. My parents knew I was feeling down and wanted to throw me a surprise 'moving in' party. FML
I agree, your life sucks 66 467
You deserved it 4 706

Same thing different taste

Top comments

In a lot of areas, such as the one I live in, trailer parks are not very nice places to live. In these areas, those stereotypes are actually true the vast majority of the time. I can see why (if the OP lives somewhere like this) he/she might not have wanted people to know. And it's not about cheap living. There's often a reason that it's cheap -- it's a bad place to live.

Comments

If the trailer park you're moving into is run down, trashy, dirty, not well cared for, etc, I can understand being embarassed. But I mean, if it's not your fault that you can't afford anything better (as in you actually have a job and are trying to save etc) you shouldn't care what people think. Everyone goes through hard times.

zephyr440 0

come on guys..really? judgemental and a douchebag? have you ever considered whether he thought his friends and family would judge him too based on if he failed or not in their eyes? talk about being judgemental. you dont even know his situation and you're badmouthing him. plus i dont think i saw anything in the fml saying "i didnt want them to know because trailer parks are so bad." maybe he thinks they are or not. who knows...

christopherlove 0

I agree with 21. What kind of parents would invite your exes? That's ridiculous. I clicked the first button.

obsessedwithfmls 0

Never in my life have I seen a trailer park... but good luck

why didn't you just tell your parents not to tell anyone?

swimmer07 0

nice username... TrailerTrash.... hahahaha

You could have your own show... Like My Name Is Earl or something. Be inventive!

well at least you have parents who love you and friends to show up at your housewarming

For ***** sake, who cares that you live in a trailer park? If your friends are going to think less of you for it then you should get some real friends. Just be honest and work hard and you won't have to live there long...

wafflesgirl24 0

at least they weren't trying to embarrass you