By Anonymous - 25/04/2009 23:50 - Brazil

Today, I had a going-away party because I am leaving the country forever. Out of the 130 people invited, 60 were a resounding "Yes! of course I will go!". After paying $300 for everything needed at the party, 2 ended up coming. And left because nobody else was there. FML
I agree, your life sucks 91 138
You deserved it 5 754

Same thing different taste

Top comments

BigGuy99 0

From experience, never throw yourself a going away party and expect folks to come. Just tell folks you are leaving and if someone wants to organize something they will and invite people over and set it up. I have heard of several friends inviting over a hundred people to these things, just to see only about 0-15 show up to send their good byes.

I feel really bad for you, safe travels.

Comments

hahahah 300 bucks for a party? tht must suck dick i wonder why ur leaving the country? maybe cuz u cant afford it

That's either fake, you're stupid and didn't send out real invitations, or you have no friends. For any of those, yes, please leave the country.

I don't see anything wrong with throwing yourself a party as long as it's a "I really want to have one last good time with all my friends" vibe and not a "sucks for all of you that you'll never get to see me again" vibe.

pommeblossom 0

A least you're going to make new, better friends in a different country!

you sound egotistical and self-centred. maybe that's why you don't have any friends. get a reality check and stop looking for pity on the internet.

fmyoptical 0

aww man and leaving forever! It must be a misunderstanding. Or those friends of yours are just acquaintances in reality.

LittleMel4 0

something is wrong, why didn't they call an cancel? If they are no call/no shows then maybe it's better you're leaving the country

jasax1 0

sounds like you need to work on your people skills.

johnnyramone 0

wow that was messed up. and why did 7 agree with him/herself?