By Anonymous - 25/04/2009 23:50 - Brazil

Today, I had a going-away party because I am leaving the country forever. Out of the 130 people invited, 60 were a resounding "Yes! of course I will go!". After paying $300 for everything needed at the party, 2 ended up coming. And left because nobody else was there. FML
I agree, your life sucks 91 139
You deserved it 5 755

Same thing different taste

Top comments

BigGuy99 0

From experience, never throw yourself a going away party and expect folks to come. Just tell folks you are leaving and if someone wants to organize something they will and invite people over and set it up. I have heard of several friends inviting over a hundred people to these things, just to see only about 0-15 show up to send their good byes.

I feel really bad for you, safe travels.

Comments

the bright side is you knew 130 people to invite? Thats something

where the two people who came your parents?

iloveblackshirt6 0

Awww! That really sucks! i feel so bad for you. God Bless those 2 people. Have a safe trip!

sparxva 12

I bet you're one of those people that invites all their facebook friends and then acts surprised when they don't show up. Most people outgrow the imaginary friend phase when very young. Some have to take a little more time to learn that fb friends aren't going to loan them money, help them move, or show up at their parties.

Ouch! That's harsh that only two people showed up after sixty said they would. Maybe there was bad weather or something that made it difficult for people to get there. Maybe the location was hard to find. I hope it goes better for you in the future!

wow that really sucks.... but think about it in this way: youll make muuuuuch better friends in the new country, especially if its brazil!!! (for comment #87: what is the problem with 3rd world countries? i live in one and i have the best time, i would never move...dont say what u dont know! prejudice is NOT nice-thats why the world is the way it is...) enjoy your new life! and keep in touch with those 2 people for sure!

wow that sucks..but think about it in this way: in the new place youll make muuuch better friends thats for sure... and for comment #87 dont say what u dont know..i live in a 3rd world country and i love it, would never move...its because of people like you that the world is the way it is... enjoy your new life! and keep in touch with those 2 people!!!

fuckducks 0

don't have a going away party if know 1 likes you.