By LunaCrow - 10/02/2015 02:32 - United States - Shakopee

Today, I had a friend tell me all about how being a vegan was so great. They were eating eggs. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 485
You deserved it 3 123

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

I love meeting these vegan and finding almost none of them are truly vegan. LOL My fav- "Jello is vegan"

ajs1987 15

Please tell me no one is truly that dumb.

Hate to break it to you, but there is such a thing as vegetable gelatin. I know it's a misnomer by definition, but then so is turkey bacon.

Maybe they just felt so eggstatic for being a vegan! You should have yolked them with your better knowledge.

Well...once you scramble an embryo, they will probably end up as vegetables anyway...:P

steam_engenius 21

I don't really understand why vegans boycott eggs when chickens lay them no matter what, and chickens even eat their own eggs sometimes. I can understand not buying grocery store eggs, especially if you're vegan, but I don't see the problem if you own chickens who are happy and are laying unfertilized eggs that you happen to eat. Just saying.

While I totally understand your point, there are still some reasons why me and most other vegans don't think that way. Firstly, I don't like the idea of "owning" any animals (except for rescue and shelter pets) and keeping them locked-in. Secondly, you would have to buy the hens from a breeder or somewhere else where they most definitely kill the male chicken the day after birth. And last but not least, health aspects (like cholesterol) and distaste for any animal products might also play a role.

Have you seen what they do to unwanted chicks from an egg farm? They send them through a horrific garbage disposal type machine. Don't delude yourself into thinking farm raised anything has a hunky dory life. It's like thinking a human employed business would treat workers better than they legally have to.

I had the same thing happen recently with a co-worker who claims to be a vegetarian - yet there she was at the company x-mas party scarfing down a full quarter chicken - meat, fat skin and gravy on everything. There was nothing left but a couple of completely cleaned off bones. Meat eaters aren't that thorough. Some people are just hypocrites

Maybe they don't eat mammals but are either too stupid or tired to explain fully. I once had an argument with my "brother in law" about my not eating mammals. He kept asking why I eat chickens then. The rest of us had to explain the obvious to him.

They sell egg substitutes, they look like scrambled eggs but actually are vegan friendly.

Try being something that doesn't have a name; I don't eat mammals. People try to come up with a word salad appended to vegetarian. But that's just silly.

The hardest part of eating vegetables is deciding what to do with the wheelchair