By Anonymous - 22/11/2012 04:31 - United States - Olympia

Today, I got laid off. Why would they lay me off right before the holidays? Because they want to make sure every one else gets a nice holiday bonus. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 973
You deserved it 1 768

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That is both thoughtful and an asshole thing to do.

Is that what they told you? If so, then thats messed up and i hope you get back on your feet.

Comments

Weakest link? Enjoy your holidays. Your ex-co-workers thank you. :P

There's severance pay but no guarantee OP got it. From what I hear, it isn't that much anyway.

At least they care about their employees enough to make that call. You're so selfish. LoL

RedPillSucks 31

I'm sorry that happened to you, but I can't help wondering how much you make if firing you allowed them to give everyone else bonus money.

Redtick 9

That's terrible and has happened to me before, I feel your pain OP. Makes me appreciate my union job even more now.

Redtick 9

That's terrible and has happened to me before, I feel your pain OP. Makes me appreciate my union job even more now.

Yea, companies and management are always wrong, huh. There might be other reasons they terminated you.lets open our mind to some other possibilities. Could it be that you were not a model employee? Were you a productive team player who contributed to the value of the company? Perhaps you just were not very good at the job you had? In that case they can let you go and take a chance on hiring someone who is better. It's also possible that you just got screwed. It happens.

supermann13_fml 11

Who the **** puts YDI?? Really?

probably people that realize the boss probably looked at the roster and said "who is the most useless guy here?" and OP came up. dont be a scrub the next time OP.

Then you don't have a lot of bills! 3 months salary is nothing!