By sleepingbeauty - 24/04/2016 08:45 - United States - Jackson

Today, I got in a fight with my boyfriend. I sent him a long message pouring my heart out about how hurt I am that he constantly ignores me or responds to almost everything I say in monosyllables. He texted back "ok". FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 237
You deserved it 3 764

Same thing different taste

Top comments

bronxiecat777 14

Maybe it's a good idea to talk face to face about how you feel

Stop texting him, and confront him, cause you deserve better.

Comments

What did you expect? It's a message. Messages have no meaning to them. Try talking face to face.

I know that feeling and it feels like getting a door shut in your face.

Brair 3

try talking instead of texting. Depending on what he is doing stopping work to return a text with more than a short a reply is not possible.

That is so ******* legit for what I went though it's sad lmfao

Sounds like he wasn't ready to not be an a** is this typical behaviour or just when you guys are fighting? I'd be worried about his feelings for me if he always brushes them off. Have a chat with him face to face. He can still just ok you then, but you've got a better chance of clearing the air. Incidentally, my hub is completely unable to think of a thing to say if I get mad and want to argue. He freezes. He's not weak, I don't get all my own way- although he can be pretty generous I don't take advantage of that- but maybe he's just not capable of that sort of communication. Look into 'love languages' and see if he shows you love in other ways. My guy does. I know he adores me, but I never see a romantic gesture. Good luck!

The thing that a lot of people don't realize…not every guy likes to be in touch with his feelings and talk about them in the open. For the most part it's still frowned upon, but slowly changing. My dad is one of those people who for the life of him doesn't understand or deal with emotions very well, or how to properly explain what he's feeling and why.

**** that guy, OP. Find someone who cares enough to make you happy

Brevity is the soul of...a lot of wonderful things, OP