By sleepingbeauty - 24/04/2016 08:45 - United States - Jackson

Today, I got in a fight with my boyfriend. I sent him a long message pouring my heart out about how hurt I am that he constantly ignores me or responds to almost everything I say in monosyllables. He texted back "ok". FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 237
You deserved it 3 764

Same thing different taste

Top comments

bronxiecat777 14

Maybe it's a good idea to talk face to face about how you feel

Stop texting him, and confront him, cause you deserve better.

Comments

queencabello 19

I hate when people are like that

Probably time to move on and find someone worth your time

Maybe he just has a very dry sense of humour...

It sounds to me like you're dealing with a passive-agressive (I married one). He is who he is and you have to decide if you can live with it. I wish I had a better answer for you, sorry. But I can tell you, it's not going to change unless he decides he wants to change it. Sorry OP.

Kinda sounds like something my fiance would do. At that point I would call and talk with him. You never know if he was busy at work or something. If he refuses to talk about your feelings face to face or over the phone then dump him!

If you cut the guy some slack, that WAS 2 syllables...

Sometimes dudes just don't want to go into a novel battle. If you poured your heart out to him, don't you want him to acknowledge but also take a moment to seriously consider his response before slamming back with paragraphs of emotionally-driven textspeak? Maybe he's giving up on even trying. I see women do this all the time, my female friends destroying relationships because instead of trying to consider how the men they are so eager to have in their lives may be able and desiring to communicate, they expect the men to constantly fit a mold that is almost always designed with a female emotional mind. Sometimes people need space to work out their own stuff and texting a dude every day insisting his attention and that he put your needs over his own, without ever taking the time to consider his needs over yours, will leave you constantly disappointed and alone.

100% agree with you 116. I'm very uncomplicated…I talk to my girlfriend at least once or twice a week (we live about a half hour or so away from each other, story for a diff time). And almost every time she asks me how I'm doing or if anything is new my answers are almost always "I'm good. Nothing new" I grew up with 3 sisters in my family, so I learned fairly quickly how emotions are a major thing in conversations and interactions. Best advice is to give him some space, let him be himself as well as the man you want him to be…need to find that happy medium

Honestly My ex did this and it ruined our relationship. All she replied was 1 word answers and it made me feel down so I get how you feel. Even if I try to text her nowadays she still does it so I don't bother anymore. Side note: I brought this up with her numerous times and it never changed.

If you've a problem with him, doing it face to face is best. Who does that through text?