By sleepingbeauty - 24/04/2016 08:45 - United States - Jackson

Today, I got in a fight with my boyfriend. I sent him a long message pouring my heart out about how hurt I am that he constantly ignores me or responds to almost everything I say in monosyllables. He texted back "ok". FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 237
You deserved it 3 764

Same thing different taste

Top comments

bronxiecat777 14

Maybe it's a good idea to talk face to face about how you feel

Stop texting him, and confront him, cause you deserve better.

Comments

I vote YDI for text fighting in the first place. Call him up or talk to him in person if you feel the need to argue. Because perhaps he just doesn't like texting, or he finds your insolence disturbing.

Ok is two syllables! You're making progress here!

Ah my guy friend is exactly like this! Even in person... Best of luck OP. It can be frustrating

Wow. Don't let yourself get treated like that OP! There needs to be equal effort and interest coming from both parties in order for a relationship to work! Good luck.

All she has told us is one very tiny aspect of their relationship. How, based on that, can you say with certainty that OP's boyfriend isn't putting in equal effort? In addition, every person alive has things about themselves that they can not change. Part of "equal effort" in any relationship is figuring out those parts of the other person, and adjusting how you do things to help make the relationship work. OP said he does this every time. She should get together with him for a calm discussion on a better way to handle these things that he can deal with, or get out. If she doesn't do either, she is allowing it to be done to her. That's a combo FYL and YDI for her.