By upsetandunjustified - 04/11/2010 05:19 - United States

Today, I got fired from my job where you build teddy bears. I got fired not because I did anything wrong, just because they don't like my personality. I'd never worked with my boss, and that means all the employees that work there had a meeting about me, and all confirmed they don't like me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 839
You deserved it 6 364

Same thing different taste

Top comments

dynky 3

is it legal to fire someone just because you don't like them?

i guess they couldnt 'bear' working with you. Aha :)

Comments

Yea right. Someone saw what you did after hours to those poor poor teddy bears. You say you did nothing wrong... but lots of people would class what you were doing to those bears as wrong. Ahh yea, gonna stuff a bear... yea, take it teddy... gonna bust your seams with stuffing!

JUST_STFU_N_GTFO 0

You should had planted one of those insane smiles on your face. You know... the ones that scream 'serial killer alert'.

opheliacomeback 0

You worked with kids. It's completely valid to fire you because they didn't like your personality, especially if you weren't good with children. Being friendly and outgoing is part of a job like that.

for all the young people on here YES you can. and I would have too. sounds like you have the problem not every one else. you have to be nice to people. you get paid to be nice to people even coworkers. if you can't go find a job that you don't have to be nice to people.

CheshireHalli 19

Not to be incendiary, but where does it say she works retail? She could EASILY work in a factory building bears. Then this would be a bullshit reason. Not enough to sue her way back into the job, though. But, again, it doesn't say if she worked in a factory or retail. I wish the OP would come back and comment.

karmaslave 5

She said she got fired from a job where YOU build bears, not where she builds bears.

^ This. Also, mentioning the type of store wasn't even necessary. In fact, had OP been more vague, she'd likely have gotten fewer YDIs and more FMLs. This is just speculation, but... by mentioning the type of store, OP makes it pretty obvious where she works. There are few places like that aside from Build-A-Bear. Based on her overly-negative assumption about the alleged meeting and her username, it seems to me like she was being vindictive, and wanted everyone to know exactly which company treated her so 'unfairly'.

i have the same life as you..dont feel sad ya!(:

welandedonthemoo 5

u can collect. that's not a good reason to fire u

Being that you're in Tennessee, I'm going to guess that you worked for a company that actually manufactured the Teddy bears. It doesn't matter if you worked in upper management, Skilled or Unskilled labor, probably the latter judging from how you wrote this FML. But obviously , you don't have a clue how " Office Politics " work, and in your case, it probably goes further than office politics. Being in Tennessee ( probably in a hole in the wall town or some Hillbilly valley ) the whole town knew about you and your inability to get along with others. So instead of being a diamond in the rough and understanding that you might need a little polishing and accepting it. Based on your attitude, you will probably always be just some " Slag Stone " lost in some Tennessee Valley in " The Great Smokey Mountains "

I was going to call you an idiot, until I noticed your username. Well done, I suppose.