By sabotaged - 02/11/2015 00:05 - United States - Oakland

Today, I got fired from my dream job. I found out today that the girl who trained me lied and taught me how to do things wrong, so that when she got back from maternity leave, she could get me fired and take her job back. My new coworkers were in on her plan from the beginning. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 859
You deserved it 1 568

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What a vile bitch. Gather as much evidence as possible and take this shit straight to the higher ups.

This surpasses shitty, it's vicious. I agree with #2, gather evidence and sue them for workplace sabotage, those scum deserve the worst punishment they can get.

Comments

sohigh10 34

If she has to go that length just to get her job back after maternity leave.. don't you think there's something wrong with your dream company?

I was thinking this too. If she comes back to work after 6 months (in the UK) they have to give her the job back and OP would just be maternity cover (temporary). If she comes back after that time then they can't guarantee her original position but have to offer her an alternative.

PANDORUM89 21

That doesn't make any sense, when you go on maternity leave you are guaranteed your job back or if your position no longer exists you are given a similar job with equal pay and benefits.

amileah13 26

How the heck did you find this out?? And try to report to hr if you can!

There are laws in place to prevent a new mother from losing her job due to maternity. She and her scumbag coworkers didn't need to do such a despicable thing. I hope they all get what they deserve.

lexiieeex3 32

If you're a part of a union can you talk to your rep or something? That or HR I mean seriously that's ****** up.

dragoongirl90 34

I'm surprised no boss corrected you when they saw you were doing it wrong. Unless the boss was in on it too. In this case they should have told you it was a temporary position in the first place and not done this to you.

People suck. Don't let it bring you down