By nsJ - 15/07/2009 16:02 - United States

Today, I got an email from a Scholarship Program reminding me that they had rejected me 3 months ago. Thanks for reminding me I might not make it to college. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 099
You deserved it 3 538

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Apathy 0

Is that even necessary? Why would they remind you of that? What did you say? What did you do? Did you chew their asses out? ...I'm a very curious person.

Comments

vcjesusfreak 0

Look for Pell grants, and take out a student loan. Anybody can find a way to get to college. It just takes a lot of work.

What the **** was THAT for? You're right, FYL. And chin up dude, there's lots of us in the same boat...you're not alone!

Like half of all government agencies have internship programs that pay for college with a 3-5 year service opportunity afterward, so try for one of those. (Pro tip: ROTC is not just for engineers.)

sportsnut 0

seriously? if you are considering not going to college because of not getting a scholarship, you are a retard and probably shouldn't go to school anyway. If you do go, I hear that the University of Phoenix-Online is a stellar program

If you actually read it, it said thanks for the reminder that I might not make it there- as in, they need money to go, and without it can't. Not that they are intending on not going just because this one rejected them.

kaleid0scopeEyes 0

if you are from florida, you have it MUCH easier than most college students. I'm an out of state student going to a Florida school, and almost everyone I know has 75 or 100% bright futures. that covers 75-100% of your tuition, and in state tuition at Florida colleges is already cheap (around $4000). hell, I would be happy for my tuition to be $4000 and not have bright futures, since that is much cheaper than private colleges and most other state colleges.

bexox 0

Bright Futures is awesome! It's super easy to get. I have it myself. But do you mean $4000 per semester tuition or altogether? It definitely costs more than that for 4 years or more.

Bright Futures changed. It's no longer 100%/75%, it's a fixed amount based on what the average tuition is or whatever.

kaleid0scopeEyes 0

$4000 per year (2 semesters) but it's probably a little more than that now because a lot of colleges are raising tuition due to the crappy economy and budget cuts

Are people that stupid that they need to reminded that they didn't get into college?

ithedarkknight 0

lmao you didnt get accepted because you live in florida and trust me compared to the upper states florida schooling isnt really that great you pretty much get babied the entire time...the only thing that is cool is the tuition isnt that bad... i would know i live here now!

bexox 0

Depends on where you go. I actually went to a pretty good public school in Florida.