By anonymous - 08/09/2015 12:35 - Canada - Toronto

Today, I got a date after being alone for the past 2 years. The girl who my friends set me up with began asking my monthly income, my current occupation, and asked if I have a credit card account. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 455
You deserved it 2 034

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Make sure to give your social security number too

At least you found out earlier as opposed to later.

Comments

sssayesss 5

Trying to keep a positive outlook but my marriage is going to shit. I'm a saver, their a spender, but they've out spent and out-borrowed what I could save. Exponential growth goes BOTH ways. The debt keeps on piling up and I am going out of my mind! You bet your ass, if I get divorced and am in the dating world I'm not going to waste my time with someone that I know is in the end going to make me miserable. I've learned my lesson about giving others the benefit of the doubt and dating them despite knowing that issue was a tough pill for me to swallow. Better I get it out of the way on the first date or before. . . On top of monthly income and debts, I'm going to ask about your credit score, credit history, assets and investments. If you're not the person for her, move on. Don't gripe, but from personal experiences, the less a woman expects of you, the less you expect of yourself. . .

Please tell me you are trolling and aren't genuinely this pretentious. By the time marriage is on the table you would have had every opportunity to acknowledge your potential spouse's flaws and accept them or determine you can't. I sincerely hope that you decide against divorce, because you will never get a second date with that mentality. Nobody will want to pay for your bad decisions.