By Pissed.Off.Mom. - 06/10/2016 05:14 - United States - Houston

Today, I got a call informing me that my 16-year-old daughter had been arrested for shoplifting jewellery. Trying to look on the bright side, I assumed it was for my birthday that is coming up in a few days. Nope. It was a "Thank you" gift. For her drug dealer. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 251
You deserved it 2 541

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm assuming you are not her drug dealer?

It could have been worse, she coulda paid him with "favors"

Comments

Stop telling OP there is no "bright side." I'm pretty sure she's figured that out by now and you sound like a broken record.

I'm guess the bright side looks a lot like an orange jumpsuit-jewelry included

aww... I bet more drug dealers wish they had such thoughtful customers

man_in_black08 28

Thts why you vote for trump and build the damn wall and make America great again lol

OK always bake something sweet for my drug dealer during the holidays but I'm usually so baked myself that I usually end up eating it before I can give it to him.

You deserve it solely on the fact that you thought there was a bright side.

OP didn't "think there was a bright side", but was hoping to find one. I can understand hoping to find some possible explanation other than your child is just being bad to be bad.

That's a whole new area of etiquette. Are flowers an appropriate drug dealer gift? Or are those only for drug anniversaries, or for when you try a new variety of meth?

In which world would "stealing for mom" be a bright side? It would be horrible if my kid thought she had to steal a present for me. (I also think it's even worse she’s taking drugs and feel sorry for both of you-- but you thought about this "bright side" before you encountered her drug addiction which I think is weird.) I hope you can help her out of the addiction, OP, and wish you strength!