By Anonymous - 13/03/2011 19:17 - United Kingdom

Today, I found out the reason my boyfriend dumped me was because his parents don't like the fact that I go to a prestigious university. However, they're completely accepting of the drunken slob who's dating their daughter. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 666
You deserved it 3 750

Same thing different taste

Top comments

BlkBryMolasses 0

um, YDI because YDBetter. How's that?

you're probably better off without him then

Comments

For someone who goes to a prestigious university, you sure are oblivious. If this guy had really been into you, nothing his parents had said could cause him to end the relationship.

kmarrs 2

You can't book learn common sense.

That depends, will staying with this girl get him kicked out of his family? If that was the case than there is a good chance that he would dump her, especially if it would keep him from family members that he would actually want to spend time with. I know what some people will say "well if they will disown him for that than he's better off without them", however, there could be family members that wouldn't have a choice in whether or not they wanted to keep talking to him, such as younger cousins or siblings.

I agree with 38, we don't know the exbf's situation. yeah, it's stupid, but not everyone has good parents and if he still needs their support for things, he might not have had a choice right now. my friends parents are like that, she's not at a point in her life yet where she can support herself and her parents use that against her to make her do what they want her to. it's sad.

oh UK .. you never seize to amaze me. the parents are jealous that he isn't in a really good university, but his gf is. but their daugher and drunker slob part...

dudeitsdanny 9

This post was meant as a reply to another, so... Umm.. I edited it out.. Haha.

Well, obviously you should follow in his sister's boyfriend's steps.. Just kidding. If he dumped you because of his parents, well.. He's a)not telling the truth and b)not worth it.

If he loved you strong enough, he would have told them to **** off or he would have figured out a way to keep seeing you anyway. Conclusion : you are better off without this dick.

I'm sure that there is more to them not liking you then just the university that you go to.

**** them. Go get yourself a man who has parents that praise you for going to a prestigious school.

Yeah, if he cared so little that his parents could 'make' him dump you... wait, yeah, just what everyone else said.

varkey 7

So, you acknowledge the fact that he's a drunken slob? Nice standards, by the way. YDI

dudeitsdanny 9

Wanna give that line another read? The guy's sister's boyfriend is a drunken slob, not the guy. Reading skills. Get some.

I think he may have been going for an incest joke? Either way, he's foolish.

I see you failed reading comprehension in school. the op's ex was not the drunken slob, the op's ex's sister is dating the drunken slob. this was used as a comparison in what the op's ex boyfriend's parents do find exceptable in significant others for their children.

Acceptable - 1. Worthy of being accepted. 2. Adequate to satisfy a need, requirement, or standard; satisfactory. Exceptable - has no meaning as there is no such word in the English language!!

perdix 29

You probably pedantically rubbed their noses in it, and were an unpleasant know-it-all who was unbearable to be with. By contrast, the "drunken slob" is tons of fun and certainly provides hours of laughs and good cheer.

that_fella 0

^^Totally. Plus maybe it was not the fact that she goes to the "prestigious" university, but that she carries on about it and uses it as a tool to judge others by. Going to university means jack if you are doing a fill in course or even if you do a high end degree then do nothing with it. Their son in law the so called drunken slob could work hard and have started with nothing. More than meets the eye with this FML.