By diplomaless - 14/09/2009 18:58 - United States

Today, I found out the high school I have been doing at home for the past 3 years isn't accredited and doesn't count for anything. I'm 18 and starting high school as a freshman next year. FML
I agree, your life sucks 61 473
You deserved it 19 623

Same thing different taste

Top comments

LadyKaya 0

Some high schools don't allow students over 21. Good luck with that, and I mean it sincerely, cause that sucks.

You should ahve investigated it earlier tbh... I mean, how can you not know it? Were there more people in that school anyway?

Comments

just take the GED dumbfuck, its not an fml, its and fml to you because of your stupidity

PurpDOODE 0

This is one of those, "Well, GOD DAMN." moments. amirite?

Well, to the tards: Home schooling is not the same thing as taking high school at home. Online or "at home" schooling has lesson plans drawn up and taught by instructors, who then give testing. Home schooling has a parent find out what their kid should know and how they want to teach it and how fast. Most home schooled kids are smarter then the typical high school-er, why? Because the parent teaching them gets paranoid and pounds a lot of knowledge into them.

ccr69 0

forget going to high school, get your GED and be done with it.

HumansSuck 0

Screw that. Just get your GED and then go to community college.

There is nothing wrong with going to public or private high schools. you turn out more sociable and not coming to this site to type FML's. this is better for you in the long run.

blueem2 0

How does this happen? Is our education system as bad as Mexico's now?

hmm...might have wanted to check if your school was accredited about...3 years ago. shit happens.

Ugh... Homeschoolers. Social misfits. Your parents deserve it, not you.

I don't know about your experiences with homeschoolers, but I used to homeschool and most of my friends were totally normal.

wow shut up Homeschooling is so smarter, You can graduate as early as you want and People Aren't Treated wrong by stupid Teenagers in school, you can Choose who your around everyday. Doesn't mean your not social or that your a pussy. it can mean you just don't wanna deal with stupid people.

This is either ironic or sardonic. I can't decide.

Quiet_one 22

I really hope you're being sarcastic, because that whole post was like an anti-homeschooling PSA. Just in case it wasn't sarcasm: 1. it's either "so much smarter" or just "smarter." 2. what's with the random capitalizations? 3. It's you're, not your. 4. Before you talk about people being stupid, it's a good idea to make sure you don't sound stupid yourself. This comes from a graduate of public school, and not a very good one. It's really more about how much effort you put into it and what kinds of classes you took (AP, honors, normal, etc.) than what kind of school(s) you attended. And to the OP: that's awful. I hope you find a way to get through this without having to retake all three years.

Hey if your already graduated than why don't you get a life instead of typing super long messages on Fml.com. and don;t try to turn it around asking why don't I because I'm just a bored teenage girl who is grounded for a month. I really don't care if i have proper typing when posting a comment.