By Anonymous - 29/09/2018 13:30

Today, my AC stopped working. It's currently 3:08AM and I have 2 fans running, a cold washcloth on my neck, and a window open. It's still hot as hell. Thanks, Florida. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 735
You deserved it 457

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Damn. That'll be that thing. What's it called, again? World heating? Earth boiling? You know, that thing Trump denies is real.

Comments

Damn. That'll be that thing. What's it called, again? World heating? Earth boiling? You know, that thing Trump denies is real.

Jorn van der Ar 13

While not denying the global warming, the climate in Flodida was always hot and humid, althogh the OP is clearly exagerating in his or her whining.

So you don't think that it might be getting worse? It's a bit odd to accept climate change, and then claim that people are exaggerating when they feel too hot/cold as a result.

Yeah, cuz it never got hot in FLORIDA until cars were invented. Right!?!

I’d rather have that than snow. How are the mosquitoes?

Way back in 1990, my family moved from New York to Florida. That first night, our AC was broken. I, a wise 8 year old, declared unto the night at the top of my lungs, “WHY DID WE MOVE TO HELL?!”

Haha, obviously you were wise well beyond your years! :D

onceuponatime456 16

Move to Ireland, you'll never need A/C again :D

If you don’t like the heat, get out of the south!

bl3ur0z3 17

Arizona here and we went through that in June/July of this year. Ugh!.... Wet sheets. In fact, wet them and keep them in the freezer when you're gone. When you get home, they'll be ice cold and you'll start off cool and adjust to the temperature as they thaw. Also, I loved my "tent." I put two fans at each end of the bed and draped a wet sheet over them. The fans kept the sheets up off me, the air kept flowing, and the moisture kept me cool. Keep a spray bottle of water in the tent with you. Water bottles should be kept in the freezer at all times. Keep a frozen one under your pillow.

EPIC99KB 6

Sorry, but you just can't handle the heat.

whiskey'swino 15

My AC conked out in the middle of a Las Vegas summer so I understand the misery completely. I found soaking a teeshirt in icy water helped, also keeping another shirt in icy water to change into in the middle of the night helps. Bonus-Sexy wet teeshirt winner every time.