This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Jessica - 19/10/2023 16:25 - United States

Today, I found out that two kids were able to, without much effort, convince my 16-year-old daughter that her friend's house was used to smuggle out Jews during WWII. His house was built in 2007. We also live in America. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 039
You deserved it 3 506

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Aspen_Grace33 27

It's sad how people will believe anything.

saransh 3

You better teach you daughter some history. And to be honest you will probably need to teach her whole lot of other subjects also

Comments

rebel_belle1974 5

Yeah because ALL public schools produce terrible educators, right guys!

Actually, in my case, the catholic school I went to didn't teach really anything about the Holocaust. (this school was basically a failure though, and it closed6.) My siblings public schools knew more about it, several grades before me. I had to research it more on my own.

Eh, she's probably a slacker in class... Or the fact that the education system only teaches their students about how the Allies won the war against the Axis.

Yea quite possible, I heard that in America you don't learn much of the geography or detailed facts. For instance apparently Canada never helped lmfao.

Llama_Face89 33

Wasn't Canada in the war before the US?

Erm...Canada joined the war effort before the United States did.

In America, we're taught that Canada was one of the major parts of D-Day, but not much else.

noelykins1 19

I've never heard of any of this! :0

#66, I think you've hit the nail on the head here. It's not just the history, it's history AND geography. Without maps, the country/continent names are just words.

Aw. My attempt at trolling was deleted. Darn it.

deadxwedding84 5

At least she didn't think it was WWIII.

Wow, either (eye) your daughter is too trusting or she needs a history lesson. ***I remember when I informed some of my friends that Ronald Reagan had died, half of them had no clue who he was. Lol

The school system must really be failing after all. These are the people I get to grow up with? Yay me.

nonnieluv 9

I think you should be more worried that these people might be teaching future generations

'Merica! It's where's WWII happened! Yeah! No. She definitely needs school this year.

She probably thinks the revolution happened because America found out UK was seeing someone else.

Please kill her now before she breeds!

Steve95401 49

At least get her tubes tied so she can't spawn another generation of idiots.

That's not a very nice thing to say to the OP; if she were that worried about the possible existence of people with half her daughter's genes, she'd have to kill herself and her daughter's father too.