By I Like My Cat - 21/12/2012 10:02 - Netherlands - Utrecht

Today, I found out that the tinsel on my Christmas tree is worth a couple of hundred euros per strand. Well, that's how much the two that were surgically removed from my cat have cost me. At least the cat's going to be fine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 999
You deserved it 13 332

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Shiny things basically shout at cats to play with them.

I think it's safe to say your cat is purr-ty inconsiderate. The long term effects could've been catastrophic. Litterally.

Comments

flutter4 7

My cat eats this crap every year

Never have tinsel/garland when you have pets OP! Lucky your cat is okay. I remember my cat ingested some when he was a kitten and I ended up pulling the string out of his ass with shit attached on the other end. I learned my lesson. There hasn't been tinsel in my house in almost 15 years and my cat still like to play in the Xmas tree.

If you have a cat and you put tinsel on the tree, then you damn well deserve it. The cat didn't though.

My dog ate a soda can, several socks, yoga pants. Everythinh

angeleyes8675309 7

Who puts tinsel on a tree when they have a cat?! Seriously people??? I have dogs and don't even put it on my tree. You definitely deserved this one!

Um duh...every good cat owner knows that tinsel is a big no no.

I have 3 cats and we put tinsel on our christmas tree. They've never eaten it. They do play with it but they never actually eat it.

Yes, and a lot of people have driven drunk and been fine, but it doesn't make it safe or worth the risk. It may well turn out fine but it doesn't mean you should take the chance of something that has such a tendency to happen with such disastrous results.

pl18 10

It was inevitable, cats were born with the desire to cause mayhem!

Geez its just a ******* cat, get another one and next time don't hang stupid shit in a Christmas tree that the cat might eat

Most of us have a working sense of empathy. I'm sorry yours can't be fixed.