By I Like My Cat - 21/12/2012 10:02 - Netherlands - Utrecht

Today, I found out that the tinsel on my Christmas tree is worth a couple of hundred euros per strand. Well, that's how much the two that were surgically removed from my cat have cost me. At least the cat's going to be fine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 999
You deserved it 13 332

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Shiny things basically shout at cats to play with them.

I think it's safe to say your cat is purr-ty inconsiderate. The long term effects could've been catastrophic. Litterally.

Comments

Keiren 14

*facepalm* Your poor cat. Don't keep crap like that in the house, some cats are stupid and will attempt to eat anything. I've got a couple of them.

You deserved it because it's common sense not to use tinsel when you have cats. You put your cat's life at risk; a couple hundred € is a small price to pay to learn how stupid you are.

Why the hell would somebody pay that much for tinsel?!

Really? Tell me you're just trolling and not a total idiot who can't be bothered to read the FML. Hell, even if you didn't read all the FML, and only the first part, how would OP buy that tinsel, then only later on find out it's so expensive? Idiot.

Hey stupid, I'm talking about the person he would sell it to.

No you're not. What you're doing is trying to cover up the fact that you made a ******* stupid comment, and making yourself look like even more of an idiot in the process. And even if you weren't, WHY THE **** would OP sell the tinsel that's been extracted from his cat's intestines to someone else for hundreds of euros?! Something tells me literacy isn't your strong point.

AmandaLikNoOther 6

I feel a lot of people don't understand this FML...

... owning a pet is responsibility. When I had my cat, I avoided using tinsel and any tinsel strands as well angel hair in my Christmas tree because if a cat or dog eats those they stick to their stomach! That's something every pet owner should know ffs!

I woulda put the cat down before paying that much to get tinsel out of it....

Pillow case - $10 Zip ties - $2 Local waterway - $0 New cat from the RSPCA - $150 Look on your face once you realised that you could have saved 30 odd dollars? PRICELESS