By I Like My Cat - 21/12/2012 10:02 - Netherlands - Utrecht

Today, I found out that the tinsel on my Christmas tree is worth a couple of hundred euros per strand. Well, that's how much the two that were surgically removed from my cat have cost me. At least the cat's going to be fine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 999
You deserved it 13 332

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Shiny things basically shout at cats to play with them.

I think it's safe to say your cat is purr-ty inconsiderate. The long term effects could've been catastrophic. Litterally.

Comments

a·maz·ing /əˈmāziNG/ Adjective Causing great surprise or wonder; astonishing. Startlingly impressive. Synonyms astonishing - astounding - wonderful - surprising Not exactly amazing. Clever though.

I say it had the effect of being amazing on me...hey, to each his own

strawberrywine22 30

Yes, Merry Christmas to you, filthy animal.

I watch "Home Alone" every year in the spirit of Christmas.(:

You deserve it. Tinsel packaging even says choking hazard for cats and dogs. Why would you even consider buying it when you have a pet?

lou_knee 6

I have never seen tinsel packaging say that it's a choking hazard for pets. I have also always had a Christmas tree decorated with tinsel and cats when I was growing up and never had a problem with the cats eating tinsel. Knocking the balls off and hiding them, maybe, but not eating tinsel.

Become a vet. Devise a plan to make thousands of pets ingest the tinsel. Advertise tinsel removal as your clinic's speciality. Make millions.

skyeyez9 24

I paid $700 to have a large abscess removed from my dog's neck. The vet had to slice the entire back of his neck open to remove and clean all of it. Then about a year later, spend $850 to remove his enlarged spleen. Vet called me after the operation to,say she saw cancer spread from his spleen to his liver, pancreas, abdominal wall and other places. She told me it would be best to not wake him up from surgery. I had to say goodbye to my precious australian cattle dog while he was still under the general anesthesia. His death was unexpected and I had assumed he would come home from the surgery. I even baked his favorite homemade peanut butter dog biscuits for when he got home. Be thankful your cat is ok. I don't care about the money spent on My dog. I did it because I wanted to ease his suffering.

That's rough... I'm sorry. I'm going to hug my dog a little tighter today.

strawberrywine22 30

27, you are an amazing pet person. This world needs more people like you. I had a puppy when i was a kid...for 3 days. My mom and i had found her in a truck stop. We assume she got hit or thrown, because she appeared to be mentally "checked out". The vet said she had brain damage so severe it would be best to put her down, but refused to because we had no money. Someone in the waiting room paid for it anonymously. If they hadn't, the veterinarian would have let her suffer.

strawberrywine22 30

I'm sorry :( I didn't even know fleas could get that bad.

I am forced to skip the tinsel (even though I really want it) because of my cat.

Christmas is the worst time for pets and vets. Pets because they eat things they shouldn't (sometimes resulting in death) and vets because the clinics are crazy busy and they have to put animals down and deal with the owners. So please, be careful with your chocolates and alcohol etc.

^^^ Agree completely. Pet death at Christmas really sucks. Please be extra careful, folks.

I would have been more sympathetic without the snarky 'at least the cat's going to be okay' at the end.

I didn't get a "snarky" undertone in my interpretation. I read it as the OP truly being glad his cat is going to be fine in the end. If not written-- a bunch of people would complain that the OP should be happy the cat will be okay and that it should not matter how ridiculous the amount of money is spent on kitty. Yeah, right!

Haha, you're right. Damn you, internet, for making me cynical!

Also, OP's name is: I Like My Cat, which makes it rather hard for me to believe that she was unhappy her cat was fine.

1dvs_bstd 41

If you like your cat as much as your username suggests, it shouldn't matter how much you spend on it. Keep calm, quit moaning and enjoy the company your feline offers you!