By I Like My Cat - 21/12/2012 10:02 - Netherlands - Utrecht

Today, I found out that the tinsel on my Christmas tree is worth a couple of hundred euros per strand. Well, that's how much the two that were surgically removed from my cat have cost me. At least the cat's going to be fine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 999
You deserved it 13 332

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Shiny things basically shout at cats to play with them.

I think it's safe to say your cat is purr-ty inconsiderate. The long term effects could've been catastrophic. Litterally.

Comments

kikks_xx 10

my christmas tree is literally ALL silver tinsel. we've never had any problems with the cats eating it, they just shit it out like anything else they bloody eat

I love the way this comment is worded. At first it sounds like you're saying the cats aren't eating it, but then suddenly it swerves and you just reveal the eating hasn't been a problem.

It's times like this when I'm glad me and my whole family are allergic to cats. They seem to eat a lot of items.

Quicksilver23_fml 2

Don't feel too bad OP. We spent $3200 to remove two "please sign here" stickies from our cats stomach. Thank goodness for pet health insurance!

OP, here. Sadly we do not have pet health insurance-- guess we'll be getting it now, though. Before the vet dropped the price several hundred Euros because it is actually my 8-year-old's cat and best nonhuman friend and she couldn't bear to see him lose his cat for Christmas, we thought we were going to have to surrender him-- that costs the same as putting him down but gives him a chance at a good life somewhere else. But the vet is a freakin' hero. We have learned our lesson about cats and tinsel; honestly, both of us adults have had cats and tinsel since earliest childhood and never seen anything like this, however common it turns out to be after all. But we will obviously never allow the combination again. Thanks for the supportive comments, screw you to the people using this as a chance to be nasty to a random person (or cat), and to the people who seem to think I spent hundreds of Euros on tinsel and then let my cat eat it... ummm, get a clue, folks. Just saying.

droptableusers 7

Well the cat eat it itself, should have just let it figure out what to do.

For the 'Muricans and Brits reading: 1000 euros = 1,088.93(3497) dollars 1000 euros = 731.32(2291) pounds You're welcome.