By strawberrypuff - 04/05/2009 23:39 - United States

Today, I found out nobody in my family wants to come to my college graduation. I spent 4 years and $60,000 to be the first person in my family to go to college, and nobody wants to see me graduate because the 4 hour ceremony is too long. FML
I agree, your life sucks 78 457
You deserved it 4 600

Same thing different taste

Top comments

brodizzle 0

You didn't spend 60k on the ceremony... you spent it on the education you got, and the diploma.

Guess you get a free ticket to not go to one of their weddings, funerals, etc...!

Comments

CPTobvious_fml 0

Agree with #10 & 13.... college graduation is a big thing.... and especially important when you are the first to graduate. I'm sorry that you have lazy ass parents... but the bright side is that you graduated despite their worthlessness. I would move off and let them know that you will see them again at their funerals.

McCannCanTriple 0

Dear god, I have been done gone apehsit being stuck in a likely crowded place with hundreds of people for four hours. I don't blame them. Why not just go out to eat with them afterwards? You get to spend tim with then AND you get food,

sjam 0

I went through something similar - they don't get why it's important, they haven't done it. They just don't get it. Celebrate with your friends.

4 hours is too long. Still, your parents should be there.

#8: "lame, your family sounds a little ignorant, maybe theirs a reason youre the first to go to college" "Lame"..."there's"..."you're" I really hope that you are being intentionally ironic. Otherwise, good luck with elementary school!

the may graduation ceremonies at my school start at 8 am and end around noon. you spend 4 hours sitting there, bored out of your skull, because they let everyone who wants to, or is forced to by their family, walk. and you don't even get your diploma there, but weeks later they mail it to you!

This FML is fake. First generation students get their tuition paid for.

jeffrey27rj 0

agreed, college graduation sucks. I had the opposite problem....I didn't want to walk but my parents pretty much made me

I'm not going to my graduation... what part of getting up really early in the morning and sitting around for 3 hours sounds appealing? None of it.