By strawberrypuff - 04/05/2009 23:39 - United States

Today, I found out nobody in my family wants to come to my college graduation. I spent 4 years and $60,000 to be the first person in my family to go to college, and nobody wants to see me graduate because the 4 hour ceremony is too long. FML
I agree, your life sucks 78 457
You deserved it 4 600

Same thing different taste

Top comments

brodizzle 0

You didn't spend 60k on the ceremony... you spent it on the education you got, and the diploma.

Guess you get a free ticket to not go to one of their weddings, funerals, etc...!

Comments

Agree with #10.. plus those graduation ceremonies suck. I didn't go to mine, I just had them mail the papers to me. Who wants to sit through all that?

fretforyerlatte 0

this should be one of the proudest moments of their lives. sure the ceremonies are boring as shit, but they should definitely be there for you. i didn't want to go to my own graduation, but my parents made me JUST SO they could go and watch. they fail as parents. also agree with 9, you get a free pass on the next stupid family function you feel like skipping.

freddie_fml 0

Gads, a four hour ceremony IS too long. That's ridiculous.

Ae_hunt 0

**** your worthless asshole family. When they come to you looking for a handout because you're the only successful person in the family tell them to eat shit and die in a fire. You don't need them there to enjoy the day and take pride in your accomplishments. In fact, you might even enjoy the day even more without them there. Congratulations on your graduation.

spidersbitingyou 0

#44 "Eat shit and die in a fire?" Wow, that's a little harsh.

4 hours is too long. I'm not even going to mine, but my parents wanted to. Your parents don't love you & you don't love them for trying to make them sit through the ceremony.

The ceremony is important only to those graduating, not to the family. What's important is the diploma and the celebration afterwards. I don't blame your family at all. I have two college degrees and told my family to skip them both, and yes like you I was the first in my family to go to college.

I don't see why the ceremony should be important to anyone. It's JUST a ceremony- and you don't even get your diploma there. So as soon as that's done, you're waiting in line AGAIN. It doesn't mean anything, and you're just wasting a perfectly good weekend.

# 38 is epic truth. #48 might have hardly gotten a diploma himself. There are people who will value your efforts, surely not your poorly prepared family, sorry, but yes. It is in the details and little favors people WON'T do that you realize what type of people they are. Go family!

Rockerbabe12292 0

Aww, I'm sorry. If I knew you I would go to your graduation. Congratulations!!!