By strawberrypuff - 04/05/2009 23:39 - United States

Today, I found out nobody in my family wants to come to my college graduation. I spent 4 years and $60,000 to be the first person in my family to go to college, and nobody wants to see me graduate because the 4 hour ceremony is too long. FML
I agree, your life sucks 78 457
You deserved it 4 600

Same thing different taste

Top comments

brodizzle 0

You didn't spend 60k on the ceremony... you spent it on the education you got, and the diploma.

Guess you get a free ticket to not go to one of their weddings, funerals, etc...!

Comments

Beeebop 0

Four hours though. Seriously.

LilKonvicted 0

I wudnt have gone to my own graduation if it lasted for 4 hours. Seriously O yah btw, grats

cryssycakesx3 22

you mean if you had graduated?

Do you guys even understand how fast 4 hours go? So they just can't sacrifice that much of their time to see their child graduate? Is this the thank you the family gives for at least the first person in the family to give them a sense of dignity since none of them ever went to university or graduated from it? Shame on them. That kid is the glory and pride of the family, and there's one word to conclude this: JEALOUSY.

IHeart_KingJames 0

As much as I usually enjoy arguing with him, I have to agree with #10.

Maybe it's the fact that they didn't go to college. They might dislike the fact that you got through it while everyone else never went? OR WELL...that's just my HUNCH.

ditlihi 0

4 hours???? That is waaaaaaaaaaay too long. I didn't even attend my graduation. I got my diploma and a job. Most people got a diploma and a graduation.

I think that shows why you're the only one to go to college...if 4 hours is too long, imagine them trying to spend 4 years sitting through classes!

Not your fault--or theirs--that graduation ceremonies tend to suck. Just throw a kickass after-party.

spidersbitingyou 0

Seriously? I don't even want to go to mine. I can't understand why the hell anyone would want to sit there for four hours watching 3,000 random strangers go by, just to see me on stage holding a fake diploma for eleven seconds. Or why they would drive three hours each way to do it. Your family is smart.