By ywouldudomelikethat - 03/01/2016 20:02 - United States - Renton

Spicy
Today, I found out my ex started a Tumblr where she posts one photo a day. Each photo being a pic I texted her over the course of our relationship. My office, the bars I like to go to, favorite restaurants, my mom's place, my place, my penis, etc. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 633
You deserved it 4 600

Same thing different taste

Top comments

askullnamedbilly 33

Tell her to delete it immediately or you'll get the cops involved. Pretty sure that shit's illegal.

Don't know about the US, but in the UK that's called revenge **** and is illegal.

Comments

I'm sorry, but if you're stupid enough to send pics of genitals, you're simply asking for this to happen. Hope you've learned your lesson. If you're under 18, she could be charged with distributing child pornography. Beyond that, not sure you have recourse.

Trusting someone you love with intimate photos isn't stupid (unless they're unwanted and they didn't ask for them) and definitely doesn't deserve them sent out to the world. Trust doesn't deserve punishment, even if it turns out it was wrong. Gross.

Mathalamus 24

What's the point of a picture if you can see them naked almost at will, in real life? And That's not getting into the obvious security and privacy concerns, plus the chance of some asshole uploading it...

Garnetshaddow 30

That seems unfairly harsh. In the digital age, it's really easy for people to engage in some exhibitionism. Yes, you get to see the person eventually... but maybe the sexting is another form of foreplay. In about ten years... it would be shocking if you could not dig up somebody's dick pic. There will likely be many pictures of women as well. The law just has to catch up to protect people's privacy.

Look, I trust my husband 100% - we've been together more than half our lives - I believe even if we split he would never be that vengeful. Regardless, I would never put anything that personal on the Internet in any way shape or form. The Internet - whether web, texting, or email - is NOT private once it is out there - even if you trust the recipient. You are way too naive if you think otherwise and simply asking for trouble.

Exactly - in 10 years you can dig up anyone's pictures - because they don't go away! Trust me, once you put it out there, it's out there no matter who you trusted at the time. I promise, you will not want that surfacing when you take that new job, meet the love of your life, or at your child's graduation. And you won't find just "anyone's" dick pics in 10 years - some people are smart enough not to do that.

Once again with victim blaming. You shouldn't have any expensive items, you're asking to be stolen from! You should never lend anything, obviously people will steal it and it'll be your fault! Seriously, just because someone takes or sends nudes does not mean they deserve ANYTHING like this to happen.

Not at all blaming the victim and your analogy doesn't work. If you have expensive things and leave them on a busy sidewalk, expect someone else to take them. You don't do that because you don't want anything to happen to them. You protect the things you don't want taken or shared. Same principle applies here - She didn't sneak in and take pictures of his dick to show - he did that and then put it outside to be stolen.

And by putting them out there to be stolen, you mean he sent them to someone he trusted and was presumably in a long-term relationship with at the time. Slight but important difference.

That's the problem. You think she is the only person who has access to them. Yep, he got screwed by someone he trusted. That happens every day. But more than that, if she hadn't they're still out there in cyber space, accessible to far more people than you think. It's a bad idea, no matter how in love or in lust you think you are. I've been with my husband 29 years. Still would never send him nude pics - not because he might be a dick some day, but because cyber space is NEVER as secure as you think it is, and if I wouldn't say it or do it in the town square, I don't do it on line, either. I promise you, what you think is private on line, NEVER is.

And that's sweet - he shared it with someone he loved. How that work out for him? Guess she's not too fond of him now...

Notice I also added the lending part. If you lend something to someone you trust, that person could keep it or someone around them could take it. Is that your fault? No. It's not.

It doesn't work that way. You have a duty to protect yourself, and that means not putting things out there that you can't get back. He didn't "lend" pictures. He gave them, and that put him at risk. You seem determined to share pics of your body, so go for it. You get to choose your actions, but you don't get to choose your consequences. This guy's story ought to demonstrate my point as a cautionary tale, but in spite of the very evidence of the OP's story, you're still defending and promoting sending dick pics. If you choose to jay walk, you just may get run over, even if everyone else does it.

and this is the reason why you only send pics of your ... privates ... without your face on it.

Uh... She can still name him. Sending dick pics is just stupid.

There is nothing wrong with sexting, just as long as you don't show your face.

Gotta love FMLs where you can see the the end coming nine words in.

Mathalamus 24

Some bitches are crazy. Please don't generalize.

That is highly illegal. Posting pictures of your genitalia without your permission, on the Internet is a federal crime. Call the police and file a report.

Sathane 21

Highly illegal in some places. Check with your local law enforcement.

If you aren't crazy, you're generally not referred to as a "bitch"

FalloutScrolls 25

Crazies just never let go. However posting a pic of your junk online as "revenge ****" is illegal. Time to press some charges.

It's probably because you sent her dick pics. Why anyone would ever do anything that gross is beyond me. YDI.