By Goodie - 09/09/2009 04:13 - United States

Today, I found out my ex bought a digital camera, an iPod, and a large flat-screen TV, all purchased with the alimony I'm paying him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 764
You deserved it 7 768

Same thing different taste

Top comments

People do marry people they want to stay with forever. But then real life happens, circumstances and people change, and it can become impossible to be together without being miserable. Check your judgemental, ignorant, uninformed attitude, dude. Let people handle their own affairs without being sneered at.

#2 and #13, the point of alimony is that you give money because they need it. If he's buying things that aren't necessities, then it looks like she's just losing that much money.

Comments

scubasteave 2

hey guess what... that's why your giving him money, so he can spend it on what ever he wants. it's just good to hear that it is posible for the women to get screwed in a divorce.

Shopaholic111369 4

Seeing as it is alimony and not child support, her husband is entitled to spend the money he receives on what ever he pleases.

R0lling_St0ner 0

let it be know that in the epic war of men vs women in divorce court that the hard fought battle is not always in vain!!!......that sounded so much more epic in my head >.

blueduckies 0

That sounds loads like what my mom did to my dad sorry you got bitch slapped with alimony payments.

briissocoollike 8

Honestly it's his money once you give it to him so he can do whatever he wants with it stop complaining

sceptic 1

What the **** kind of country is u.s. that a woman pays a man alimony and not the other way around????

@#59 Bitch please. I'm carrying thousands of babies.

isn't it up to him to spend it however he wants to?

Chris_1163187222 15

Sucks to be on the paying side hmmm.. lets see you claim you need 4k a month for food now