Co-parenting

By not helping - 17/09/2020 17:02 - United States

Today, I confiscated my daughter’s tablet, phone and laptop after I caught her exchanging nudes with boys. My ex then called me in a rage, threatening to take me to court over “stealing his belongings” since he purchased them. No concern for our daughter’s behavior, just him wanting the stuff. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 369
You deserved it 143

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your ex is an idiot (which I'm sure is part of why he's your ex). And you and I both know, if he takes you to court, and you tell the judge WHY you confiscated the electronics, the judge will be on your side. And, no, they aren't his, just because he paid for them. You did a good job! way to go!

Let him try. He'll go to prison for his role in distributing child pornography, assuming your daughter is a minor.

Comments

Your ex is an idiot (which I'm sure is part of why he's your ex). And you and I both know, if he takes you to court, and you tell the judge WHY you confiscated the electronics, the judge will be on your side. And, no, they aren't his, just because he paid for them. You did a good job! way to go!

Let him try. He'll go to prison for his role in distributing child pornography, assuming your daughter is a minor.

depending on where you are and how under age your child is just having those photos on a device is not good, especially if those devices end up in a court room.

very much. now is the time to find out who they were talking with. it sounds like they were both young and it would be something the parents of the kids should for sure handle, before it turns even worse and involves the law. they may not understand the issue depending on age, but it is for sure something that can devastate their futures if not handled now

dahthunderbird 8

OP, you are right to do what you did. But your Ex found out about it from your daughter and who knows what she said. This is a case where discussion might help.

samomaha 17

The saddest part is thatq if those child **** pics were shared with her boyfriend, it is likely that he then shared them with his friends, who shared them .. . . and they can keep being shared until they end up on **** sites or in the hands of the law or both.

HistoryHasEyes 19

As your daughter is a minor and he technically bought them they do belong to him but you should talk to him about your daughter's actions before giving them back.