By Goodie - 09/09/2009 04:13 - United States

Today, I found out my ex bought a digital camera, an iPod, and a large flat-screen TV, all purchased with the alimony I'm paying him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 764
You deserved it 7 768

Same thing different taste

Top comments

People do marry people they want to stay with forever. But then real life happens, circumstances and people change, and it can become impossible to be together without being miserable. Check your judgemental, ignorant, uninformed attitude, dude. Let people handle their own affairs without being sneered at.

#2 and #13, the point of alimony is that you give money because they need it. If he's buying things that aren't necessities, then it looks like she's just losing that much money.

Comments

Agreed with #97. Women have been doing it for years through divorce and when a man does it, you post on FML? Lol. Accept it and move on.

K66J 0

I thought thats what Alimony was for

Yes! Your ex-husband is my hero. Now maybe he'll start spending your cash on hookers that he brings outside your house, then he'll be a legend

How is this an FML? He can spend his alimony on whatever he wants. Now if he was doing this with the CHILD-SUPPORT money, that'd be a problem.

bob1124 0

Hahahaha. Women do that to men ALL the time. Turn and turn about.

Hellsno 0

Why do you care? Shoudln't you be worried about what you're doing than what he is? Maybe he pays rent w/the alimony and the rest he bought with his own money. Maybe his new girlfriend bought him the new stuff. So what? YDI, you should've married someone who could get his own job so you wouldn't have to support him!

Sorry, but this kind of FMLs is too disturbing, at least for me.

brie3 0

I don't see why people are making such a big deal of this. Alimony isn't child support money, it's just retribution for the divorce. He can spend it however he wants to for however long he gets it.

maverico 0

so its his money now he can spend it on whatever he wants but hes sopposed to spend it on the kid(s)

skullbuster 0

OP said Alimony, that is not child support. Alimony can be awarded to an ex in a divorce even when there are no children. We don't even know that these two divorced people even have kids.

Finally! a dude getting the better deal in a divorce!