By Itchy - 28/02/2017 18:00

Today, I found out I'm allergic to soil, pollen, dust, mold, the colors green, yellow, orange, black and grey, most metals, wood, carpet, drywall, most hygiene and beauty products, and plastic. Basically, I was told to avoid the entire planet and everything man-made. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 396
You deserved it 677

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Chemicals known as pigments make up the material composition that causes certain types of light to reflect. So probably a reaction to a common pigment in paints, dyes, stains, etc.

Comments

Think that in a side this will be good for the animals :-)

I find most of what you wrote hard to believe. You cannot generalize allergies to objects like you are doing. Your generalizing makes it sound like you do not actually know what you are allergic to, which is extremely dangerous. For instance, you cannot be allergic to "colors" If this were true, I would watch out for the dark, (I'm just joking here) but seriously, you cannot be allergic to most artificial colors due to the fact that they do not contain proteins. Natural dyes are a different story, but there are so many ways to produce dyes that you cannot generalize you allergies toward the color itself. It is much more likely that the dyes you are talking about have something in them that you are intolerant of and not actually allergic to. Being intolerant is not as dangerous as being allergic to something.It can still cause problems, but you won't go into anaphylactic shock because you are intolerant of something. It sounds like you are maybe even your doctor are misinformed and I would seek a second opinion. I have been living with sever food allergies my entire life, and most of what you said does not make sense at all. If you have any questions about allergies I would be happy to answer them.

sgdigaetano 3

Just an FYI, true allergies will kill you, sensitivities to things just makes you uncomfortable. My guess is you may have multiple 'sensitivities', not allergies.

menareweak 6

Most man made things are crap. Women made things should be good for you

Well time to go live under a bridge away from it all FYL OP

BellaD13 18

I feel you. Everything outside is horrible for me. Good luck!

fiercehawk 20

My sympathies, OP. I'm allergic to all those and more. Including some things one needs to survive ... Sunshine? Yeah, hives. And some real conundrums, like both mold and the chemical that kills mold. The good news is that over time you get pretty used to it. At 46, choosing clothes, jewelry and beauty products are no longer a big deal, and with some things you'll probably build up a tolerance. The worst thing about it eventually becomes the hyper-judgmental people and their uneducated comments. Just learn to be dismissive, and you'll be okay. Best wishes!

princesskat168 0

Did they happen to mention a chance of mass cell activation disorder? It's where your body over reacts to almost everything. That could explain the large list of allergens.