By anonymous - 08/12/2014 23:23 - United States - New Baltimore

Today, I found out I have sodium fluoride poisoning. Apparently, my water has a high level of sodium fluorine. I've been drinking much more water lately trying to be healthier. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 034
You deserved it 2 762

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I didn't even know that was actually possible.... just try and drink bottled water instead of from the tap. it'll hopefully prevent that.

If FML has taught us anything, it is that when you try bad things happen.

Comments

report such things to water works ..these things are not to be taken lightly...

hopefully you feel better soon OP, if you have public water maybe you can help others to avoid your fate

You should talk to the water company and let them know.

I'd recomend investing in a good filter for the tap. I use a pitcher by 'ZeroWater'. Its a bit more expensive than others on the market, but its the best brand I've found. You can find them at stores like Wal Mart and Target. Good luck, and I hope you get better soon op.

kellyem2 20

This is actually ridiculously common. They pump the water full of fluoride even though multiple studies have proven this is dangerous. Invest in a good water filter and if you happen to see a petition for your area, tell your representatives to knock that mess off.

hell, if you don't see a petition, make one! a contaminated water supply is a community issue, regardless of if there's already a petition out.

Sadly you're really not suppose to drink tap water, go buy the bottles or a really good filter.

HJKM_fml 19

Something similar happened to me a few years back, only it was Arsenic and I got horrible migraines and tremors. Invest in a good water filter. It costs a lot initially, but you can't put a price on good health. Feel better.