By Anonymous - 20/06/2014 18:20 - United States - Fresno

Today, I found out I have genital herpes. I'm a virgin. FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 355
You deserved it 5 735

Same thing different taste

Top comments

....probably because of signs of genital herpes....

Comments

Transmit from parents? When being born?

Herpes has to have a host to live. A toilet is definitely not a host. Any STD dies within Seconds of exposure to air. So the theory about a toilet being contagious is crap. If ever you become a doctor, you would learn and know.

you need to take a bloodborne pathogen class. not all viruses die quickly or easily.

Blood born is very different than air born. Even HIV can't survive outside of the body for very long. Meaning, if you touch someone's blood that was left on a toilet seat or something for any period of time, the viruses inside of it are most likely dead. Blood born pathogens are transferable from direct blood-to-blood contact, such as a needle stick from an affected patient.

or saliva from bites. hepititus can last quite a while outside the body.

Your logic is flawed. If you're a doctor I hope you aren't allowed to practice. MOST STIs cannot live outside of a host for long. Some can. Hepatitis for instance can hang around for a good week or so. Do some research before trying to make others feel like an ass or you're no better than a donkey with books on its back.

STD'S can be transmitted from sexual fluids, or sometimes through heritage.

stranger things have happened. just make sure you let any future partners know about it.

Has nobody considered the fact that they may have been born with it, but just now had an outbreak?

elizacandle 29

you can get it from your mom when your born..

Sorry OP, this is pretty tragic. If youre confused about how you got it you may want to talk to your doctor or do some research beacuse if you know the cause, its always easier to treat. Hope you get better!

A lot of people don't know that you can actually get STDs from public restrooms also.

LostInTheZone11 29

That's an Urban Legend. The virus can't last long without the host.