By colorblind - 05/07/2009 21:49 - United States

Today, I found one of those online color blindness tests where you have to distinguish a colored number from the pattern. Not being able to, I spent hundreds of dollars on medical tests to discover that the pattern online was a joke. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 455
You deserved it 71 329

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why didn't you just get a friend to take the test as well? YDI

Wow. You're ****** dumb. Wanna buy a bridge?

Comments

Hayleyyanne, there are different types of colour blindness. While males are a lot more likely to be colour blind, it's not unheard of for a woman to be colour blind as well. I recommend your Biology teacher return to school and stop embarrassing the rest of the scientific community. You may also wish to seek out more recent text books. OP: You're an idiot.

Women can be color blind, but only if their father is. If they got a carrier gene (c) from their color blind father and one from their mother (c), they would be homozygous recessive (cc), and therefore would be color-blind.

Why on Earth wouldn't you (at the very, very least) read up on it and try to find other online tests before spending hundreds of dollars on medical examinations? There isn't an online test in the world that would have me spending a penny without a hell of a lot of research being done first. YDI.

ScooterBug1992 0

Can you see colors around you? Yeah? Then you're fine! YDI

You're a moron. Do you have any idea how colorblindness works? Most people who are colorblind only find out when they're tested, they can live their whole life thinking that they see normally and then find out otherwise.

"About 5–8 percent of males, but less than 1 percent of females, are color blind in some way or another, whether it be one color, a color combination, or another mutation.[5] The reason males are at a greater risk of inheriting an X linked mutation is because males only have one X chromosome (XY, with the Y chromosome being significantly shorter than the X chromosome), and females have two (XX); if the women inherit a normal X chromosome in addition to the one which carries the mutation, they will not display the mutation, while men have no 'spare' normal chromosome to override the chromosome which carries the mutation." - Wikipedia Maybe you are thinking of Rod Monochromancy... where a person can only see in shades of grey. That i s very rare among people that are colorblind, so it is probably never heard of in females.. or at least hardly ever. Way to fail, kid.

anniemeece 23

#28 - Hey hey, I'm fifteen and just finished biology and I knew that women could be colour blind.

whitneyyy 0

Is this fake? Hard to believe

ur soo dumb... only men can be colorblind!!

NO. Women CAN be colorblind. It's very, very rare, but it's not impossible.

Mustangbaby54 0

Im 16 and female and im colorblind idiot!

SVelasquez 0

If you can't catch up on a joke that fast, then you deserve to lose hundreds of dollars figuring out that it WAS a joke.