By Alex - 15/07/2009 20:17 - United States

Today, I found a website that lets you write an email to yourself from "the past". I used my boss's address, and wrote a long email about how much I hate him, signed from me. It worked, and he'll receive it in 6 months, after I move away. He's already received the confirmation email, though. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 171
You deserved it 59 072

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Perhaps you should have tested it first to see how it worked. Sorry to say, but YDI because of that.

willubmyrubbaduk 0

Comments

why didn't you just email him six months later saying what you wanted to say?

Caayouteepie 0

ydi. why dont you just write him an email once you move if ur gonna be that stuck up about being an asshole to him. be lucky he even hired your ass.

nonynony 0

You're an idiot. Not because of the confirmation email, but for doing this in the first place. What happens when a future employer calls in two years wanting a reference interview from your boss? Idiot, idiot, idiot. And before you think, "I just won't list him as a reference in the future," please let me give a word of warning to everyone. I work for a company that does background checking. We call old employers for references. We do NOT only take references from the people you have listed, because we realize that (1) people give fake references all the time, and (2) even if your references are real, obviously you're going to choose people who will give you good reviews. So we call the company, ask for HR or whoever is in charge, and then ask for a list of your supervisors and managers, so that we can see what ALL the people in charge really think. So please, people, don't be dumb enough to do this.

On the contrary. The more there's dumbasses out there doing such things, the better it is for the smarter people who know how to behave in polite society. We should all encourage idiots to shoot themselves in the foot like that. In a time of crisis, it's better for the rest of us if they screw their own chances from the start, as it makes the race easier for the rest. Of course, that would be without counting Karma in the mix, so technically, you warning them is still probably the best move on the long run. ;)

Sucks but that was kind of a dumb thing to do. xD; You could have just emailed him when you moved away instead.

randomm 0

lettermelater.com is what should have been used. that one can have e-mails sent to anyone,just later.

teebonehead 0
seb12992 0

This has YDI written all over it.

Glam_fml 0

35, you have no right putting anyone down, seeing as you can't even spell "moron".

Glam_fml 0

35, you have no right putting anyone else down. Maroon is a color. I believe "moron" was the word you were looking for. Still, OP, that was a pretty stupid idea. Good luck getting a job in the future!

ihatestupidppl 0

I could be wrong, but he could be referencing Bugs Bunny? In the Looney Tunes cartoons, when another character would do something dumb, Bugs used to say "what a maroon!" Just a thought *shrug*

also, maroon can be used as an insult.