By JackSteely - 22/12/2011 12:04

Today, I found a wallet containing an ID card. I managed to track down the owner, who now is threatening to call the police if I don't return the 400 dollars that he insists were also in it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 891
You deserved it 2 827

Same thing different taste

Top comments

People these days are so ungrateful!! I hope the owner at least said thank you!

Oh shame on you for doing the right thing.. Because I guess it is your fault he lost HIS wallet

Comments

mcrluverchick 9

Well won't he feel like an ass after he finds where he misplaced his money. My mother does this on a regular basis

tnt227 4

Or whoever found (or stole) it before OP took the cash and tossed the wallet

CuteDumBlonde64 11

Oh my god. How can doing something so nice and thoughful can end up screwing you up instead? :(

The police will take a report but the fact you found his ID and returned it will show you didn't take the money don't worry about it.

Sinamoi 18

I would have tossed the damn thing into the sewer at that point. I swear people can be dense at times. It was a very noble effort, on your part however.

How does the dude know who you are to report you to the police? Were you trying to make a new buddy telling him all about you?

Sinamoi 18

Could have been as simple as "Hi, my name's John Willywacker." He didn't necessarly have to give his life story for some information to be given out.

If OP called to talk about the wallet, they have a phone number. That's all it takes to find out who it is.

Thats what happens when you try to good sometimes.... it comes back and bites u in the ass.

s1ckpup 0

Someone stole my condoms out of my wallet when i passed out at a party once, i was pretty upset.

How can people be so stupid? Obviously if you had stolen the money that was in it you wouldnt have tracked him down!

Unless you are returning the wallet to throw them off of your case.

He wants his 400? Give him 400... Monopoly style ...

I would burn the wallet. That asshole doesn't deserve to ever see it again.