By denting-and-venting - 10/08/2016 20:05 - Canada - Toronto

Today, I found a parking spot in front of my work. I parked and another car pulled into the spot just in front of me. The next thing I know, the car in front backs up and slams into my car. Turns out she didn't notice the fire hydrant next to her spot and screamed at me cause I, "stole her spot." FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 587
You deserved it 1 096

Same thing different taste

Top comments

quazimozart 19

Sounds like she was trying to find something to be mad at other than her own stupidity

Seems like she's an immature person who thinks public spaces belong to her. Hopefully you got her insurance and she calms the hell down after this. Smile at her as she tries to explain this to the cops.

Comments

road rage at its finest even if they arent on a road

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

The reason you don't park beside fire hydrants is in case there's an emergency, the firefighters need direct and quick access to the hydrant. If they have to maneuver the hose around your car, it takes away valuable water pressure. If you're parked close, it makes it hard to unscrew the hydrant and attach the hose. I've seen them smash out a person's car windows because they couldn't get access to the hydrant otherwise. Not to mention, if they have to fiddle and work around your car, they're wasting valuable time that could be spent dealing with an emergency. It takes literally seconds for a fire to go from manageable to inferno. Don't park beside hydrants.

I witnessed the same thing, them breaking the windows out of a car and running the hose through the car. Even better if that the car flooded! It was a nice Mercedes or BMW, I can't remember which.

Then you should be able to buy a permit that says you don't mind having your car smashed... It saves time for everyone

I'm pretty sure just having common sense and Not parking in front of a fire hydrant will save time for everyone.

I don't think you understand. Parking beside hydrants makes a potential emergency harder and more dangerous than it already is. It isn't about you and what you don't mind being done to your car, it's about other people and the potential harm you could cause them for what is merely a minor inconvenience to you. Don't be selfish, you can find parking somewhere else, a hydrant, however, can't be moved and is usually the only one accessible within the vicinity. You shouldn't be allowed to park near them, period.

If a hydrant can be the only one available why can't the space near it be the only space available?

How can common sense make a physically nonexistent parking space appear?

Still her fault, hope you got her insurance info

As a fellow Canadian I know the struggle of trying to be a good person in a world full of people with the iq of a rock. But if someone were to yell at me like that I'd slap them and tear them a new one for not knowing how to park.

Mungolikecandy 19

Dashcams are the way of the future. I recommend them to everyone. They not only stop instances like this going anywhere (it proves what she did so insurance or if she has none litigation will be straightforward) but it makes the person with the dashcam a better driver as they may catch themselves out doing stupid things if not.

This is when you slowly get out of your car with a tire iron in one hand and say "What?"