By brokeandsingle - 29/01/2012 09:55 - United Kingdom

Today, I finally made the last payment on the beautiful engagement ring I bought and proposed with - two years ago. To my ex-girlfriend, who said no and promptly started sleeping with one of my friends. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 423
You deserved it 3 184

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well you can always keep it and give it to the right girl!

Well at least it's out of your life now!

Comments

structuredchaoz 4

Well bud, at least she didn't say yes and then start sleeping with your buddy.

Where's 'Shovels' when you need him?! He'd know what to say! Lol he's like the Butters of FML. I thought hoes liked plows?

itsame0987 18

Why would you get a ring that took you two years to pay off? You can pay off some car loans in that amount of time. You kinda deserve it for spending so much on a ring. And yes I am a woman saying this.

I wouldn't want a rock if my fiance-to-be couldn't afford it. I'd rather wait and get an awesome ring that he actually could afford later, but that's just me.

Fyl you shoulda waited until you knew she was the right one

**** that *****..tell her to take a trip to skankville and rotate on a dick sideways!

Almost any store will give you store credit in return for the ring. And, engraving doesn't matter too much because they can melt the gold and remount it anyway. So, you can exchange it for a new ring and get a reasonable value out of it. It might even be worth more than you paid for it all things considered, but that's up to the store. And, it doesn't even have to be the same store so you can check others. More important is that you get over what happened two years ago and get on with your life. Yes, most of what the ladies say here is true. Almost all of them are good people. Gotta love the ladies!

Sucks, but also sounds like a lucky break! Imagine if you were married to her

What a bitch .. At least it's over though!

hewro_failure 11

If she said no it would still be yours then and you could have returned it so the fact that you paid it off and didn't know it was still yours shows that ydi

Don't worry OP never a failure, always a lesson.

^ I like that approach and outlook on life, very positive. :) Well said.