By hoppgrasser - 12/11/2016 15:17 - United States

Today, I finally got the courage to ask out a girl I've had a crush on for months now. She told me I was very cute and then walked off. I still don't have an answer. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 553
You deserved it 901

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Lucyyy123 10

I think she was trying to say no, but in a nicer way. I'm sorry OP, at least she wasn't an asshole about it!

That's a yes. Get ready for your date and sit in your car outside her place. Monitor her movements with binoculars and night-vision goggles to see when she's ready to go out with you.

Comments

I'm pretty sure that's a nearly universal sign of "not interested," but if it's REALLY eating at you hat bad, just ask her to confirm it. And if the answer is "no" please be a decent human and leave her alone about dating. A lot of problem seem to think that the words "no I don't want to date you" and variants somehow ACTUALLY means "convince me to date you"

chessu 21

As a girl, I mean.. there is a minuscule chance that it's not a 'no', but it's definitely not a yes. There is a slight chance that maybe she herself doesn't know if she wanted to go out with you. E.g. my situation: there's a guy who is not my taste physically or mentally, we barely have anything in common and it would never work out, but if he were to ask me out, I'd somehow probably would still be tempted - aka I'm confused, I don't want to answer, so I laugh it off. However, it's pretty unlikely. It's a no, but in a 'I'm an oblivious way' so you wouldn't feel embarrassed and you can both pretend it was a joke.

So you would say yes to someone you feel no attraction for at all...? I'm sorry but I don't think "confused" is the word you were looking for...

The word is complicated. Some girls make simple things too complicated & it makes it hard for some guys with dull brains to understand.

cloco87 22

Haven't got the hint yet, I'm sure she thought you having the courage to ask her out was cute but that's about it. Good luck on that not sure if she's into you.

That's definitely a big NO! Look up the definition of the word cute, "baby like" not a compliment especially especially when love and dating come into play.

Was talking about this with a guy friend today, said he didn't like being called cute. Fyi guys, being called cute is not automatically bad. It's often very good!

I don't think it is this case. More a condescending "oh, you're so cute.."

Sorry, but the answer is 'No' until it is 'Yes.' The fact you don't know means that you do.

You are the "Cute guy I'm hanging out just in case my relation with the asshole I'm currently seeing doesn't divorce his wife". If she wanted to go out, she'd have said Yes. You took your shot, move on. Find someone who appreciates you.

That's just a bit harsh and judgmental. And completely unnecessary.

She could have taken it as a sweet joke or compliment!