By really_dad? - 17/08/2017 13:00

Spicy
Today, I came out to my parents. After we had a talk about them accepting me, my dad said, "Now get out of here you little duck sucker." FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 891
You deserved it 693

Same thing different taste

Top comments

xoxoblondee 31

duck him. you just need to cut goose and let yourself free. don't let him be Robin anything from you. don't be emu about it!

This doesn't sound like the acceptance of duck sucking.

Comments

joeyl2008 29

This doesn't sound like the acceptance of duck sucking.

xoxoblondee 31

duck him. you just need to cut goose and let yourself free. don't let him be Robin anything from you. don't be emu about it!

Don’t tell him of your three-way with Daffy and Donald. Af-laaaaaccc!

I'm the only one to think it was cute how he reacted

Considering that rejection by family after coming out as LGBT+ can be highly traumatic, even if done in a "joking" way, I doubt many people will find it amusing or cute. Especially since most people who "joke" about rejecting people that are LGBT+ genuinely feel that way on some level.

afallingstar 22

Nothing is cute about being rejected because of who you love, especially when it's your parents who should love you unconditionally.

Yeah, since the FML states that his parents are okay with him coming out to them, I think dad was just trying to be funny.

afallingstar 22

Before anyone gives me shit. I had misread the FML. Still not cool to make jokes about a serious situation.

Glowworm understood it. They accepted it they didn't reject it. Family tease one another. That's all

They probably already knew you were a duck sucker when they saw the feathers in your mouth.

And all these years when you said you preferred drake, your family assumed you meant the Canadian rapper.