By Anonymous - 28/10/2013 04:51 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I failed hard at a color test. I thought it was a joke because most of the colors looked the same to me. Now I know why people laugh at my clothes color choices. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 637
You deserved it 3 602

Same thing different taste

Top comments

my dad has the same problem, he only sees black grey and white, and most of my blood related uncles and nephes cant see red or green (i think)

You should feel special, it's pretty rare for women to be colour blind.

Comments

perdix 29

Don't you get stopped by the cops all the time for running grey lights? "No, officer, when I entered the intersection the light was grey, not grey."

No officer I didn't see the grey and grey lights in my mirror.

My teacher is color blind and can't see red or green. When the class found out they acted so stupid asking dumb questions. Hopefully people aren't that bad to you.

That one's got to be tough because of traffic lights. But anyway OP, it's a good thing you found out so you can learn how to adapt.

If only traffic lights were made based on a uniform standard, so that colorblind people could still drive cars. Something like, I dunno, having 3 lights on top of each other in a fixed position... oh well, that's future talk.

I know someone who was born with red-green color blind and they can't drive because they never knew which was which (they never memorized it) and they are having a tough time getting a drivers license because of of the fact that they are color blind. I agree with you, but if they're never taught the order of the lights (which most people don't know off hand) then how are they supposed to distinguish?

Sweetpea22 14

Please don't have kids We don't need your stupidity being passed down.

#70, are you sure they don't have further eye problems? My father and work colleague are colourblind and both have car, motorbike and boat licence. If they never learnt it and have trouble getting their licence, why not google it? Or watch A SINGLE episode of Playschool?

knight0748 5

What? Remember 3 lights? That's it, I ain't never gonna drive. Or attempt to remember more than two things. What're we talking about now?? @_@

@71 You've never met me, so you're going to bitch at me because of a couple of comments. I'd love to compare my resume with yours. In general, I can't believe all the negative comments being spewed out. It's not funny. It's called cyber bullying. It's because of people like you that bullying has become a true epidemic. Not to mention that some people have disabilities that effect memory and recall, yet they are excellent drivers.

Sweetpea22 14

If you don't want your stupidity to be called out, then use your brain

I'm just saying how it's ironic no one in my drivers ed class knew the order of the lights without looking it up. But to my original point, if OP can't distinguish between ANY colors even if you show them the order, everything is going to look the same. They might not even see the light itself and will only see one big gray rectangular block hanging from there. It depends on the severity, but only seeing shapes and not colors can make it difficult (not impossible) to get a license.

CrazyGirlfriend 21

I cant drive, just never learned how, but I still know that red is on top, yellow is the middle, and green is the bottom. the only way I can see colorblindness being an issue is if you go to one of the big cities and they use the lights that change color instead of positions to tell which way traffic is going (though I have only seen those lights in Louisville Kentucky). Your driver's ed in obviously filled with ignorant people who dont pay attention to stuff going on around them. which is really sad.

christiangrey 4

I'm suprised no one in your family or friends never mentioned to you, that you never matched

Maybe they just thought OP had a 'different' sense of style.

Or they were trying to me nice and not embarrass OP.

CrazyGirlfriend 21

I'm pretty sure not telling OP isnt nice.... I believe it is more nice to tell some one something to prevent them being embarrassed than to let them find out themselves the hard way. I also believe that they thought it was a style OP liked. like how I wear mixed matched socks.

On the positive side OP.... *Lowers Glasses* That's a perfect excuse for a lot of trolling... I'm just saving!

That makes as much sense as matching a mauve shirt with puce pants.

It looks like it's time to shop for Garanimals clothing in adult sizes.

Wow, I'm amazed the difference in what colors you see and what colors others see never came up in any of your conversations. And weren't you tested for this in kindergarten?

If you can see primary colors, which most color deficient people can, teachers generally assume your vision is fine. I've heard of schools giving colorblindness tests but it seems to be the exception rather than the norm.

All of these "omg, but traffic lights!" comments are diving me crazy. Even if the lights WERENT in a fixed position at every light, colorblind people KNOW what green is, or what they think their version of green is. Color doesn't actually exist anyway, even for color-seeing people. Out brains and eyes make it up. Even YOUR green might not look like my green. But we both know what green is to us.

Actually, people with Red-Green colorblindness have difficulty distinguishing red from green, which could cause difficulties with traffic lights if they wouldn't always put the same color on top. Also, it doesn't matter what a particular color "looks like" to us. It just matters that we can distinguish light of those different wavelengths, which colorblind people can't.

I'm just confused as to how it took so long to find out. wouldn't your friends or parents ask why you never match!?

they could just think op had bad dress sense?

Do you have a case of color deficiency/blindness? And for all of you who don't believe woman can be color blind it's caused by a colorblind father and a carrier mother..

#47 Nobody said women can't be colour blind? Just that colour blindness in women is much rarer than in men, which is true.