By Anonymous - 18/11/2015 02:13 - United States - Herndon

Today, I excitedly told my husband that I'm pregnant with our first child. With the most shit-eating grin, he said, "Hi, Pregnant. I'm dad." FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 012
You deserved it 9 445

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's begun. Welcome to 20+ years of Dad Jokes.

iipinkette 16

He has passed the dad jokes test, he's ready.

Comments

lmao at least he has his dad jokes down and it could be worse! lol i wouldve laughed and said welp dad jokes can be marked off the list. xD

There's this thing called a sense of humour. Perhaps you should look into getting one.

Perhaps you should look into getting one.

Ugh the worst comment after anything... Congrats OP

Op, whats the problem? That was funny! Least he didnt bolt, deny the pregnancy and acuse you of cheating on him - there a million things he could have done. Like someone else said, you need to look into getting a sense of humour, your husband has one.

I do believe that is the very first dad joke that can be made by a father. And it was well played on his part it seems.

leogachi 15

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

He didnt spoil the moment. Hes probably really excited. Plus, he needs to get jokes down now so he can embarrass his children in the future.

leogachi 15

@36 What reason would Op have had to post this if she didn't think he spoiled the moment? His excitement doesn't change the fact that she thought the joke was dumb.

Because it was a harbinger of what's to come. Her husband has become dad, destroyer of jokes.

Why did this even get published? I don't even have a little bit of sympathy. Not F my life material.

Agreed. Don't see anything wrong with this moment.

Congrats OP! Sounds like your husband will be a great dad

I think he sounds hilarious! And at least he's already committed with calling himself dad. I understand that you might have wanted a different reaction, but when you're with a goof ball you must expect them to react with humor to almost everything, even serious subjects. I know, I'm dating one myself.