By shamefaced - 07/12/2012 03:11 - New Zealand - Wellington

Today, I dropped my handbag into a water-filled gutter. As I was hurriedly fishing out the contents of my bag, I looked up. There was my ex, with the girl he left me for walking past, timed exactly to coincide with me manically scooping up one of many rapidly absorbing tampons. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 550
You deserved it 2 262

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Geez, Op, when it rains, it pours. The timing couldn't be worse. :p Just ignore them, it doesn't matter what they think, and many women use tampons, so forget it ever happened. :p Chin up, Op.

Why not just take the important stuff (e.g. wallet) from the bag and leave stuff like tampons in the bag? It's not like you can still use them after already absorbing gutter water...

Comments

Why? It was just an accident. I'm sure you've dropped things before. All girls need tampons of some sort anyways so it shouldn't be a surprise she was carrying them around.

You should of left them! You can't use them anymore, so what's the point in taking them? Next time keep them in a little purse or a compartment of your bag, which will eliminate the need to scoop soggy tampons out of the drain.

Octain 13

I guess she could've made time to chuck one at him.

tmmundy 17

It's called littering, I'm guessing she didn't want to leave the tampons on the street for everyone else to see. I would have done the same thing.

I feel you... A while ago I dropped my phone in a gutter as I was saying "Hi" to a guy I really liked.I had to bend over the gutter and look for it and then fish it out.I know you felt embarassed, but the truth is that we usually don't look as bad as we think we do, and accidents do happen to everyone. And since your ex is with someone else, you shouldn't worry about impressing him... Just try to move on.

perdix 29

Depending on what you were wearing, the guy probably enjoyed watching you bend over. He might even think you "dropped your phone" on purpose to put on a show for him.

ktc24 3

I understand dropping your bag in a gutter with water is crap... But don't understand why dropping it and your ex walks past constitutes as an FML...

perdix 29

If only you coulda hung on to your handbag! Your ex woulda dumped that bitch and come running back to you. Aw, forever alone, butterfingers!

Believe me on this but for him, seeing his ex in a vorunable position like this, actually doesn't make him feel good!

livi955 4

Why are they even absorbing water shouldnt they be in a wrapped package?

Some tampons come in cardboard so it probably did not have plastic wrapping.

Even the ones with cardboard applicators are wrapped in plastic though. You open the plastic once you're ready to use it. It would be unsanitary to have to use tampons that are exposed to dust and air and everything beforehand.

skyttlz 32

Cardboard tampons have paper wrappers

tsent8 15

Well if they're absorbing all of that water then I guess they are doing their job.

tampons have a rapper so they dont start absorbing if you drop them in water. bullshit