By catherine - 17/06/2011 11:32 - United Kingdom

Today, I dropped my camera into water. The good news is that it's waterproof. The bad news is I dropped it off London Bridge. All the pictures and videos of my four-month trip around Europe were on it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 256
You deserved it 12 440

Same thing different taste

Top comments

luckily for you the London bridge is falling down so you should be able to go get it!

missy_lynn012 0

Comments

cuz it's impossible to get a new camera and take new pictures ?

cuz I'm smart enough not to drop my phone into a river

Pictures are worth a thousand words, and they are important on trips so you could take pictures of what you experience and see!

'intelligent but won't show it'... that's for sure!

*Camera*, it was a *camera* not a phone. While you may be "smart", accidents happen, okay?

baby_dee97 8

wow no wonder firesphinx is such an idiot have you read her about me? depressing!!!

Cause it's possible to recover all of her pictures and videos by buying a new camera?

exactly what I said but everyone buried me.

Wrist steps have saved me from: Throwing a Wii remote into someones face Throwing a Wii remote at the tv Throwing a Wii remote into the wall ( I play MJ a Loy on the Wii) Dropping a camera into a glade of water Dropping s camera into a sink Basically EvERYTHING

i have sea lions trained to kill.. err umm i mean retrieve data, i could loan them to you... for a price.

hatchet27 0

memories are better than pictures!

memories are better than pictures... unfortunately you just can't prove it.

alex6946 10

omg! that is so horrible!! D: im sorry!

"Waterproof" cameras aren't always truly waterproof -- unless, of course, it was a very expensive camera, and in that case, you've lost the investment as well as all of your photos. The fact that the pictures might not actually be destroyed is pretty cold comfort.

ipooprainbows 0

except they can't exactly jump into the Thames river to retrieve said camera to check it's waterproofness.......

That wasn't the point. The OP said, "The good news is it's waterproof." That's only good news if the camera isn't damaged by being submerged (sometimes cameras are marketed as waterproof when they actually are only "splash-proof"). And I do agree it's only great news if you can retrieve the camera, which the OP probably can't.

its not that hard to make a camera water proof. it's a three step process. step1) open baggy step2) insert camera step3) close baggy it's even lava proof, just try it! warning: camera will not be milk proof.

meggieh815 0

the camera was already waterproof.

Well, that's a white whine if I ever heard one.