By uselessdad - 07/09/2010 23:48 - Singapore

Today, I came home to my wife crying. She had mixed up our newborn twin girls and couldn't tell which was which. I looked at the girls. Neither could I. FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 037
You deserved it 8 516

Same thing different taste

Top comments

NicoleIsCrazy 0
sourgirl101 28

Comments

SpudMe21 0

lol, I've always wondered how often this inadvertently happens.

Assuming things are the same in Singapore as in the US, they would have done hand and footprints at the hospital. You just need to redo those and match the new prints with the previous ones--even identical twins have different prints. Paint one toenail on one of the babies after you confirm the identities. That small amount of nail polish won't hurt the baby, and will stay on longer than any article of specifically colored clothing (since they may end up needing diaper changes or baths simultaneously). That painted toenail will always tell you that this baby is Baby X, while the one with no painted nails is Baby Y.

hehe Uncle Jesse mixed up the twins on Full House! lol Mark the foot of one...

BrookeBabe92 0

Aw, that's really sad. You should give them name tags, lmao. FYL and F*** their lives.

fmltiligothigh 0
lmno123 0

Ur wife is obviously a dumb ass! Usually the girl can tell n the guy can't!

Don't feel too bad, OP! The same thing probably would have happened to me. Newborn babies (even when they're not twins) can look pretty similar, so it's a pretty easy thing to do.

dynky 3

it doesn't matter. as newborns, each of their names is an arbitrary label with no history associated to it. if you switch them over, they're not going to remember that they spent the first few weeks of their lives being called by each other's names.

that is sooooo hilarious and adorable at the same time! Those are the kind of stories that will never get old!