By AndyAnonymous - 27/04/2012 00:04 - United States

Today, I brought several bags of soda cans to the store to cash in. I hadn't shaved, and my coat had fur all over from my cat rubbing on it. The lady in front of me turned around, looked at my bags and me and said, "It's a lot of money people throw away, isn't it?" Apparently, I look homeless. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 811
You deserved it 22 474

Same thing different taste

Top comments

taniamw 9

Always typical for people to judge first

Comments

How does anyone gather that she thought OP was a vagrant? Her remark alludes nothing to his appearance, save for the sole fact that he's carrying a bag full of aluminum cans. I would likely say something like that to anyone, regardless of appearance. And yeah, it IS a lot of money that people just throw away. REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE!

Shave your beard, wear your best suit, and bring your cat next time you recycle. That'll teach her.

melrose90210 10

What a bitch... Who would say that to someone in general?

It really wasn't a rude comment. Definitely not worthy of bitch status! She didn't say anything about OP looking homeless, just made an observation about recycling, not him. I think he just took it the wrong way. If he had been dressed nicely and she said that, no one would think it was rude.

linkinpark98 23

She was just talking about the money being 'thrown away'. You we're probably just paranoid. :P

hilary56 0

Cute excuses you have with your 'car hair' and all…lol I'm kidding but seriously shave. :p

They shouldn't judge but you should've at least tried to look decent

KiddNYC1O 20
DrBlack 9

Know how you feel, especially about the cat hair.

AndyAnonymous 4

OP here. Just want to say for the record that no, she wasn't just making conversation. Her tone was unmistakably one of pity. And it wasn't the clerk, just the lady waiting in line in front of me for the can-crushing machines. When she said that, I said back something like, "Er, no. I'm not--I didn't go around collecting these, they're mine. I drank them all." And the look of sympathy on her face changed to a sort of confused disgust, and she said, "Oh," and turned back around. So I guess, if anything, I should drink less soda.

VoodooPriestess 16

Because she knows how long you've been collecting those cans and how man guests you invite over or how many peope live with you. Yeah even if none of these things count to you, she shouldn't judge.