By anlhawks - 10/09/2010 04:02 - United States

Today, I bought my boyfriend two concert tickets (of our favorite band) for his birthday. I was expecting him to bring me since I gave them to him and I like the band too. He said, "Sweet, thanks, I'll call my friend now and see if he wants to go. Think you could give us a ride?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 031
You deserved it 6 018

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's when you speak up and say, "No. I'm taking YOU. If you don't want to go, I'll take somebody else." Don't be a doormat.

FFML_314 11

Comments

FFML_314 11
xGet_Over_It 0

i hate guys like that. HI MOM IM ON TOP OF THE FML COMMENT SECTION!!!!

awesomechick618 0

11- I think u commented in the wrong place. 1- thank you, why can't people just be honest anymore and tell people how they feel

SmallTownCutie 0

you can't expect him to bring you unless you clearly state, "could you bring me along? I want to go too." boys won't understand unless you tell them.

See, I would ask my girlfriend if she wanted to go anyways. That way if she Did want to go, it would've avoided this whole thing and done, she's going.

cantfightfate 0

I think if someone buys you concert tickets it's understood that you're going together. what a douche.

you rather buy two and keep one, then such stuff don't happen..

You should have just said "hey, do you want to go see (X band) with me?" Simple.

EvilDave 13

@22 Do you even know the meaning of the word gift? Giving something and expecting to get something in return is not giving a gift. That is commerce.

tdawgheath 0

Maybe they're always together and he thought it was an opening to hang out with a friend. I hate guys that ignore their friends for pussy. Just tell him to give you half the money, one ticket was for him, and the friends will be bought. Or be a completely stuck up bitch and make him take you instead. Your choice.

SmallTownCutie 0

Did you read my comment? All I said was that you should ask if you want to go. I didn't say anything about expecting to go.

well your particuarly thick, it's a present to him, he can use them for whatever he likes, if it bothers you that much, then be a biaaach, take the tickets away and use them yourself, I wouldn't give my boyfriend something, expecting him to share it with me or whatever. pathetic?

QwertyMcNugget 0

As should have been one of the sperm that wasn't you.

That's when you speak up and say, "No. I'm taking YOU. If you don't want to go, I'll take somebody else." Don't be a doormat.

Agreed. She should also leave his ungrateful ass in the process.

#3 has it spot on. If you want him to take you then tell him. Guys don't work so well with subtle and he will just get annoyed when your all pissed about him not taking you because you didn't say.

She should have just given him one ticket to begin with then there would have been no room for error.

EvilDave 13

Oh, so she wasn't giving him the tickets. So, maybe she shouldn't have given him the tickets. Oh, wait, then she could be playing little mind games and using emotional blackmail.

I agree, #4. It seems like he doesn't even appreciate the thoughtfulness of the gift either. :c

I'd tell him that I'll be there to pick him up and never show. He'll be late and hopefully miss the concert. maybe next time he won't be such an ass. 

zerobahamut03 2

yea, that, and you'd be out the cost of the tickets! nice one haha.

EvilDave 13

That would make you a selfish asshole and show your true colors. You didn't buy the gift for him, you bought the for yourself.

Mark it on your calendars, folks— I actually *gasp* agree with Dave. If only one ticket was for him, OP should've kept the other one. It's a bit too late to take it back now. She should just buy a third if she wants to go so badly, and maybe bring a friend of hers along too to give the bf some buddy time.

renea890812 0

this is a great idea...get a couple more tickets and take a friend or something, let the bf have guy time. u gave the ticket(s) to HIM, its his choice who he takes, u screwed up by not telling him that u want to take him to the concert or something like that,

um. next tome tell him that you were expecting the two of you to go?

FYLDeep 25

I would think that it would be obvious that you wanted to go. Doesn't he know that you like the band?