By Anonymous - 14/06/2013 16:24 - Cyprus - Limassol

Today, I attended my mother's funeral. My husband came too, and during the service, I kept hearing him giggling. I wrote it off as the usual awkward nerves, until he started snorting too, and I caught sight of the iPhone under his jacket. He was reading this very site. FML
I agree, your life sucks 64 592
You deserved it 4 588

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That is so insensitive. I'm sorry for your loss, OP.

And he's probably reading this very story right now. Busted sir!

Comments

michaelm1290 23

I foresee withholding of sexual privileges for bare minimum of a week

Your too nice for FML. Most people immediately tell the OP to leave their S/O

#12, whenever I see your picture it makes me think of CSI:Miami and I end up reading your comments like the pun at the beginning. YEEEEEEEAAAAHH! *theme tune*

As unsensitive as it is, it might be his way of dealing with loss. I got a few people in my family that do nothing but crack jokes when someone dies as their own coping mechanism. Still, he needs a lesson in tact and support.

#31 we don't know. He could've been very close to the OPs mother. That doesn't justify his actions, though.

I understand that some people deal with loss with jokes and fooling around, but going on his iPhone during the service to find jokes is unforgivable.

Perhaps it may not be his mother but when my love lost her mother I felt her loss and her family's, only difference is that I acted accordingly. I'm not excusing the guy for being a insensitive dick about it at all... I'm just adding a possibility to the equation as to his actions, not justifying them. Sorry to anyone who read it differently.

Did anyone not notice that he put "unsensitive", not "insensitive"?

Yeah... "i" &"u" are right next to eachother and I didnt proof-read... Won't happen again my lord.

@13 I don't understand how being on fml would be his way of grieving. I know people joke and laugh while remembering the good times about that person (that's more like the funeral/wakes I've been to) but that's not what he's doing.

leogachi 15

Your husband is a horrible human being. I am so sorry for your loss and I hope he never expects you to forgive him for being so insensative.

Siri can give you a list of local divorce attorneys.

missdodd 6

sounds like you married a real winner, I would have calmly and politely asked him to leave.

So I said verryy politely, GET THE **** OUTTA HERE!!

meaganxo 14

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Insensitive ass hole! But then again, what man hates the idea of losing his mother in law?!

alphatoomega 21

I don't know whether to vote this comment up or down...

perdix 29

That reminds me of that old joke...

@18 Someone who loves their Mother-in-Law, it's rare but it happens. My mom loved her Mother-in-Law, everyone loved Grandma it was hard on all of us when she died.

At my grandmother's funeral (and she was more of a mother to me than my own mother) I was playing with my cousins. Doesn't mean I didn't love or miss her, but I had already moved on (no point in grieving, they are either in a better place or gone forever, but remember them as they were) and also knew there was nothing I could do about any of it. Your husband loves you, not you mom. It may be sad to him, but it is most likely more sad to him that it hurts you. Your husband could be coping in his own way, I play video games to relieve stress and when my grandfather died I spent a week on them solid (aside from food, sleep, and bathroom). OR He is a dick and you need to talk to him or leave him. No matter what you should talk to him about this and find out. Maybe your mother was always an ass to him behind your back so he is sorta glad she is gone? idk. figure it out op

To long to read, not trying to be mean. Sorry for your loss btw

I can't post a comment long enough to explain why I hate your comment as much as I do. if I could thumb it down twice, I would. you said literally every option OP had as if they hadn't already thought of all of this. she just lost her mom. I highly doubt this is the time to leave someone she loves. I understand that he isn't there emotionally when she needs him but sometimes just the comfort of having someone in the room is enough. when my papa died, I wouldn't let my husband even speak to me. I wanted to be "alone" but I wanted him with me.

olpally 32

Smack him for being an insensitive prick. Jesus. Sorry for your loss btw. :(

k_lylepad 19

Wow...your husband is an ass.