By FuckPollen - 08/07/2015 11:01 - United Kingdom - Hartlepool

Today, I attended a work interview. My hay fever has been flaring up during the hot weather, causing my throat to swell up and make me short of breath, which I explained. The woman interviewing me told me I was unsuccessful, as customers wouldn't be able to understand someone with my 'disability'. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 931
You deserved it 1 906

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She seems like the one with a mental disability.

Wow, what a bitch. Down grading disabled people and she was too stuck up to listen to your explanation. You deserve better.

Comments

If your throat swells maybe you should seek another profession ?

I think it's perfectly legal if her "condition" made her unable to properly do her job. If she has a job that requires frequently speaking with customers then I can see how it might be viewed as a problem.

Exactly. She's taking the company into account when making a choice as to who to hire. That's exactly what she should do.

Ted_brosby 4

Depends on what kind of job it was.

I feel bad that I live in a world where people complain about not being denied a job in the correct way. Because let's face it, you wouldn't have gotten the job regardless. And if you actually think the employer thought you had some sort of mental or physical impairment even after you explained it, then the real FML here is for your brain. Let this be a lesson to everyone: if you are sick or have anything wrong during an interview, do things to get rid of or lessen it BEFORE the interview. They are all about first impressions, so if you show up there being sick and whatever, no matter how much you try to explain it, 99% of the time you're not going to get that job.

You really have absolutely no idea how allergies work do you...

Oh, really? Said so to my employer, because I was actually sick when I did the interview and they chose me. They passed lot of other people, so that wasn't by lack of choice.

nitrog100 21

I feel your pain. I have killer ragweed allergies, and all through high school, everybody thought I was high for two months straight every Spring. It gets so bad, where I'm living now, that I have to pop two 24-hour allergy pills every day to keep my eyes and throat from swelling up through the entirety of June.

Some people r so dumb that it literally bothers me

Asthma medication helps your lungs/air passage to your lungs not your throat idiot. Do you even know what asthma actually is?

I kinda hope she gets hay fever now...

She just broke the law. It's illegal to discriminate in that way in the UK. I'd talk to a lawyer.